Discuss What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is correct as well)

My waste pipe is 32mm and mounted in the floor. I will be mostly solvent welding

However when I look at the top of the p-trap, I have no idea what the name of the connector needed to attach the top of the p-trap with a section of pipe that will go into the tee.

I thought it might be a 32mm straight coupler, but it doesn't fit the top of the trap. I can only think it needs to be something like a threaded attachment to 32mm solvent pipe?

I've googled about every possible guess I can think of!

Attachments

• 93uOXpZ.jpeg
    93uOXpZ.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 1000020822.jpg
    1000020822.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 1000020824.jpg
    1000020824.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 1000020823.jpg
    1000020823.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 24
You can’t go to each side of the tee as one will be against the sweep.

Either use two tees, like your drawing, or use a single cross tee (has four connections) - if you use this then the aav can come off the top of it.

So here's my scenario now - if I attach the traps to the basin wastes, you can see that I won't have space for the AAV valve. This is the max the telescopic p-trap will extend to on the right.

Is it acceptable to extend a piece of pipe straight down from the wastes and mount the traps lower (I'd imagine taking them to level or slightly lower than the shelf in the middle, so I can have the AAV valve mounted at least 200mm above them.

Or should I angle the outfeeds from the traps with 135 degree bends downwards? this doesn't seem like a good idea.

Any advice? thanks.

1000020992.jpg

1000020905.jpg

hey @fowlerboi @Ben-gee this is how it turned out. Would have liked the AAV to have more height but I didn't want to drop the traps any more than I had already, and I couldn't source a 32mm cross tee (they only seem to be 40mm and 50mm). I did have 2 traps the same but thought it couldn't hurt to put the one with the small air valve on it as well

Don't know how legit it all is, but it doesn't leak and the sinks drain faster than any other sink in our house!

Thanks for your advice

1000021236.jpg

Reply to What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back