Search the forum,

Discuss What better way to spend new years eve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Than crouched over a blocked drain on the driveway standing in sewage soaked moss in your best trainers stabbing a jobbie infested drain with a 2ft length of upvc trim.

Stupid carers throwing wipes and sht straight down the outside drain. All i can see in my head are those brown floaters getting ever smaller as I mash everything up.

Its put me right off my new years eve stodge up. :disappointed:

Simple don't do drains round here dyno have a fixed fee for unblocking it's I think £90

So I just get them out

Didn't realise on the phone it was sht, thought it was just stones/pebbledash. In a way it was but the other type!

Than crouched over a blocked drain on the driveway standing in sewage soaked moss in your best trainers stabbing a jobbie infested drain with a 2ft length of upvc :
Is it an interceptor.

Money goes to money, poo goes to ....

Happy new year Phil!! :49:

Another vote for dyno rod fixed fee. If it's underground then it's somebody elses problem.

And yet another vote for fixed fee, there's a guy round Bolton does a fixed £59 drain clean. He sorted out my mums drains a year or so ago, happily chatting about sweetcorn as carp was flying all over the place.
Stronger stomach than me and easily worth the fee ;)

I do most of the blocked drains myself. Usually nothing major wrong and just the rods pushed down works. That's what my set of sewer rods are for, to make money. Easy money I think and I normally don't charge much.
Shouldn't really be working at drains without the right gear. I hate seeing anyone wearing trainers and a fleece top and disposable gloves on their hands to rod a sewer. Need waterproof gear and boots and long rubber gloves usually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What better way to spend new years eve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock