Discuss What are plumbers called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tap dancer

Bricklayers = brickies

Electricians = sparks

Plasterers = spreads

Customers = custards

Plumbers = ?????

I don't think I've ever heard a slang word, is there one?

If not, can you suggest one?

Pipey springs to my mind.

As a lot of plumbers are actually heating guys, I would suggest "Heating Engineer" or just "Engineer" or when advertising - " ...qualified Technician" etc. After all, other occupations often unskilled have fancy titles! What really irritates me is when people assume you are uneducated because you are a plumber!

"Fitters" might be appropriate, or for those plastic plumbers, - "Push Fitters"!

I remember about 30years ago being told of an old plumber in his late 90s - ( so he would have been practically from the Victorian era), who still did the odd wee tap washer job. He would have obviously used lead pipes in his day, but also they did all the guttering on houses in those bygone days. He walked past us one day & his neighbour went to introduce us as plumbers to him. He just kept walking & shouted back, " they are not plumbers nowadays, just fitters!"
Guess he had a point! Wonder what he would have thought of plastic? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are plumbers called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back