Discuss We've been doing it wrong all this time! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how expensive towel rails are I reckon you could make a neat looking one out of copper parts for a lot less money and it would kick out a lot more heat for a given size too, one of the limitations of normal chrome towel rails.

Now what can I use to neatly fix copper pipe to a wall at right angles to the wall if that makes sense :) Might try one out in our house as we need a couple of towel rails in our bathrooms.

Last edited:
strangely I love the coat hanger!!! what a good piece for a plumbers house!

No. Stick to the towel rails from Williams.

I understand we are just about to launch a BLACK one! (very chic...) for just a few quid more than Chrome.

Apparently, its the "in thing".

Personally, I'm quite happy draping a towel over a 600 x 600 K2.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?

Can you imagine ths reaction from your better half with the coat rack?

"bit it's all the rage in London dear"

"do you you think im f?rking daft"

yep she would hate it! probably rather have a pink one or something!!

my Mrs hangs coats off any pipe valve in our house anyhow, she has done wherever we lived, nothing new to me

10801939_10152987794269540_8311559000528120141_n.jpg

now how about this, for up cycling.

Might be worth knocking a few candelabra up and leaving as a gift on larger jobs - might generate some extra word of mouth advertising!

I have a copper pipe giraffe and a camel in my garden...wonder how much they are worth ;)

Might be worth knocking a few candelabra up and leaving as a gift on larger jobs - might generate some extra word of mouth advertising!
Good idea that. Although i'm not sure they're to everyones taste. I'm not a fan!

We need a new coat rack at home so I am going to make one out of copper pipe and plumbing fittings shortly. Will be quite a talking point when people come over I think lol.

You can tell those candelabras are made by diyers, there is no ptfe on the compression nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to We've been doing it wrong all this time! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock