Search the forum,

Discuss Can my Ariston Combi boiler be fixed? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all!
I'm hoping someone or many of you, can give me some advice please.

We have an Ariston Combi Boiler installed in 2004 (I found the invoice! I had thought it older, but apparently not!!). We've been having issues with it for some time now, years in fact, but it's always started working again. We've been able to put up with it. However, it's no longer working at all.

In the past I've spoken with a few engineers, who said they wouldn't touch it cos the parts are difficult to get. I've managed to find at least one part (possibly) online. But I'm wondering if it's worth it. I opened the front panel (image below). There's obvious corrosion, so I'm assuming that's the issue, but I know there could be other issues I can't see.

20220121_161036.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated and if more info is required I'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks in advance.
CJ

Depends do you have the money to swap / change the boiler ?

Think ariston do a fixed price repair at around 225 ish plus vat if you can’t find anyone to fix it

As above, regardless of anything else if your boiler has done 17/18 years it is very close to the end of its lifespan, in fact it has out lived many thant we swap each week. Most new boilers now offer long warranty periods, so although you have the bulk cost upfront, you have peace of mind and reliability for the next 10 years or so, depending on new boiler make.
I would definitely back a replacement on this one, get a few quotes and pick whichever one you feel the happiest with.

Reply to Can my Ariston Combi boiler be fixed? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock