Search the forum,

Discuss Well that's the Labour Party finished! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just heard Jeremy Corburn has been elected leader.
Yes, that IRA/Sinn Fein supporting gentleman.
Not to leave out Hamas and others of course.
Safe to predict he will get nowhere for the Labour Party.
How come these mad lefties are "for the people", but only certain people?

An interesting choice, to say the least.

I'm neither a labour party member or supporter, so I don't feel entitled have a say in who they chose as leader.

From a purely intellectual point of view, I think that the party has a very ideologically driven left wing which every now and then bursts out and overwhelms the moderates, the reformers and the centrists. Viewed from the perspective of history, I wonder whether this will be seen as great turning point in the labour movement which yanked the whole party forever to the left, or simply a short term party reaction to a disappointing election result and a paucity of alternative candidates.

Although I never voted for them, at least Blair and Brown were men of real stature, and one could credibly conceive of them sitting in Downing street or representing Britain on the world stage.

None of these 4 candidates looked fit to be in charge of a whelk stall.

My guess is that either he wont last beyond 2018, or another grouping of centre left social democratic types will emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:
At last a real alternative to Tory austerity.
With a 59% mandate the party has shown its not prepared," to cringe before the rich man's frown". ie. let the Tory press influence its leadership campaign.

At last a real alternative to Tory austerity.
With a 59% mandate the party has shown its not prepared," to cringe before the rich man's frown". ie. let the Tory press influence its leadership campaign.

Don't tell me you believe that? It's up to the Labour Party what person they vote leader no doubt, but that doesn't mean it is morally or politically correct. They have finished themselves as a party for as long as he stays their leader and probably beyond that. The media will destroy him. It is actually the best news that his and labours opponents could have, and for that I am reassured. No excuse for voting for people that support violence against innocent people, and very much especially your own people. Labour Party has tried a lot of useless clowns as leaders and have now scraped the political barrel for the scum in the bottom.
I can never understand the Lefty speak of "for the people" the "oppressed", but only for certain people, and that's why I won't trust them.

Last edited:
The labor centrists started plotting his removal two months ago. It'll never last and if it does lib dens will soon take their spot as main opposition

This thread will end in tears mark my words.

Not as long as it's kept to the politics and doesn't get personal it won't.

We will be watching.

Though I do agree that corbyn is probably the worst decision that labour has made since the days of kinnock and foot.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred.
The words of F D Roosevelt when he fought austerity.
If the Tory's thought labour would lose under Corburn they would praise him not attack and misquote him.

Politics should be about hope and better future and thats what Corbyn is about. Future where UK isnt the country with biggest inequality in EU, where politics serve interests of the whole nation rather than their own interests

Im fed up with the fear politics of Cameron - vote for us or you are doomed, our economy is doomed, terrorists everywhere, Russia or Korea or something will bomb us soon, illegals swarming our country etc. If you value you self preservation vote for us. How long can they keep people hooked on this bs I dont know, but its working and thats sad.

can't see what all the fuss is about, tories are in power for a few years and labour is going to be falling about during that time, it all depends who both parties choose for leaders in a few years time, then things will become interesting.

The Tories are cheering loud, their policies are gonna be more hardcore,as they no they have no serious opposition..

can't see what all the fuss is about, tories are in power for a few years and labour is going to be falling about during that time, it all depends who both parties choose for leaders in a few years time, then things will become interesting.

Boris will come after Cameron, I just cant fathom how people can take someone like him seriously but not Corbyn

Politics should be about hope and better future and thats what Corbyn is about. Future where UK isnt the country with biggest inequality in EU, where politics serve interests of the whole nation rather than their own interests

Yes, politics "SHOULD be about HOPE and BETTER FUTURE", but "hope" is a matter of an individual's opinion, whether with or without great knowledge. A "better future" is what most people need, but to say a better future is what Corbyn is about, is not everyones opinion thankfully, or this man for a better future would have been in power long ago.
He is playing a classic game of saying what sounds like the right things and going to put the world at right. It's a typical politicians way of moving upwards and the hopeful supporters fall for it!
He's just another looney left who will, in an imaginary Labour government with him as leader, have a lot of tough decisions to make. But world terrorism, Russian aggression, failing economy are real and not imaginary. Jeremy will be able to take all the aggressors and terrorists into number 10, give them a cup of tea and make the world right - not!

Last edited:
Boris will come after Cameron, I just cant fathom how people can take someone like him seriously but not Corbyn

I once heard a great quote describing Boris and Ken Livingstone. "A clever man pretending to be a buffoon, and a buffoon pretending to be a clever man".

Boris has been elected Mayor of London twice, beating Livingstone in both contests, in a city which typically has a labour majority.

I don't think he will lead the Tories though, I think that both Osborne and May have a better chance - of only because Cameron is determined that it won't be Boris, and because he will be going voluntarily will have the opportunity to play kingmaker.

Firstly, -Boris is actually quite well liked, you must admit, and he is not a fool, despite how he acts.
Secondly, - Boris has never supported terrorism, as far as I know?

I would honestly rather have a decent idiot in power, than a terrorist supporting idiot anyhow!
I don't think I could stomach Jeremy with the sort of friends he has. :smile:

Jeremy Corbyn is no more a supporter of terrorism than Sophia Scholl was in Nazi Germany.
For peace to prevail dialogue must take place. Mo Mowlam was herself accused of flirting with terrorists but her courage did much to bring about the peace we enjoy today.

Jeremy Corbyn is no more a supporter of terrorism than Sophia Scholl was in Nazi Germany.
For peace to prevail dialogue must take place. Mo Mowlam was herself accused of flirting with terrorists but her courage did much to bring about the peace we enjoy today.

Few people really believe that! As I type this, Gerry Adams has just said on BBC news that "He (Jeremy) is a friend of Ireland" ! That says it all, Gerry says Jeremy is a friend of Ireland, then I rest my case!
As for dialogue needed for peace to prevail, - Jeremy Corbyn was very keen on this with IRA/Sinn Fein (and for those that haven't a clue it was going on for all the troubles here!) Didn't work though because it put UK at a weaker place. The reason we have less violence from IRA nowadays is basically they could never win.
I have observed J.C. for many years and he had an extreme view IMO. Strangely, I seem to have missed Jeremy ever condemning IRA murderering and yet I read he did a 2 minute silence for IRA terrorists killed.
His past "hasn't gone away you know! " (That's a Gerry Adams quote)

Last edited:
Then, judged by the same standards, the Queen must stand accused of similar association.
Meanwhile, I rejoice that friends of a republican persuasion can tell me the war is over, rather than berate me for drinking a prod whiskey called Bushmills.

a week is a long time in politics im not a labour supporter but dont write of jeremy's chance of becoming pm of yet he could be the right man to bring back voters in scotland and other marginal seats and when interst rates start rising there are going to be a lot of people in trouble with their personal lending england is far from a profitable enterprise our trade deficits are huge and debt is still rising so if we wind up going into the next election with the finances in a bad way people will vote for change regardless of weather its for the better or worse
many young voters will vote labour as will many of the ethnic minoity groups where the biggest growth in first time voters will come from
most people under 50 have no idea how bad it can be under a left wing goverment with the pound being devalued and only allowed to take small amounts of money out of the country

Lol! No, the Queen can't be judged on any wrong doings, even by the most extreme anti British republican.
Don't believe what you are being told. I certainly do not. Just look at recent happenings.
Bushmills is good though!

Last edited:
How can this man be any worse than any other Labour leader of the past 15years? He can't.. Imo he actually appears to be better. He seems more human with some individuality about him , with his own beliefs. In fact he appears to be the polar opposite of Blair and Brown and I don't remember hearing too many good words about either of them. What do we want?

Someone who claims to be for everyone then doesn't participate in divisive activities, such as talks to hand over the Falklands to Argentina and NI to Eire.

The man is a namby pamby hand wringing apologist. Yes he might speak from the heart, and yes he might have the common touch so desperately needed in politics, but when that's coupled with the brain of an idiot who thinks we would be better giving up all our defence systems because "you can't hit us if we can't defend ourselves"..... Well, that's a dangerous combination.

Many of us would pay someone to take NI. Just handing over would be a bonus.

Seriously? Have you any concept of the politics over here? Or any consideration of the members of the UK here who wish to remain in the UK?

I gave up when Ian Paisley was criticised by his own church and party for being soft on catholics

Unfortunately there's elements on both sides with an absolute refusal to move towards peace. They're becoming fewer but not quickly enough.

It'll be generations before there is complete and unequivocal peace here, and not all the while the fireside warriors are still alive.

That's a strange statement from you, as a Jeremy fan, to say, given the fact that much of the problem you feel you have had with N.I. and certainly most of the violence, has been actually from the IRA and others, who Jeremy seems to think are worth supporting.
I would never support terrorists or vote for them and I represent in that the majority of people over here. If you read comments that have slipped out from Sinn Fein in recent months, you will realise what we are really dealing with here.

I gave up when Ian Paisley was criticised by his own church and party for being soft on catholics

Lol! Step back a bit, and think, - what if Ian Paisley was right?
Even the Roman Catholic Church, to be fair to them, have now fully admitted they were involved in things and cover ups.

At last a real politician who says what he believes in. Not like Blair and Cameroon who are just plastic and do anything to be popular. I don't agree with all his policies, but he will be a breath of fresh air when challenging the government. He also is a euro sceptic and could unite the anti europe factions in the up coming referendum.

At last a real politician who says what he believes in. Not like Blair and Cameroon who are just plastic and do anything to be popular. I don't agree with all his policies, but he will be a breath of fresh air when challenging the government. He also is a euro sceptic and could unite the anti europe factions in the up coming referendum.

Trouble is Nicro, its already started. Corbyn has a clear track record of wanting to leave NATO and Europe. Yet he is already prevaricating about both. Why? Because the realities and responsibilities of leadership are a world away from the irresponsible freedom of the back-bench rebel.

I think that Cameron, Osborne etc will go easy on him for a while. Partly because if they don't it looks like posh kids bullying (another posh kid, at it happens), but also because they don't want to destroy him too early. There's no point in shooting your Kinnock if there is a John Smith (Dan Jarvis) waiting in the wings.

But I'm absolutely with you in wanting out of Europe.

I for one believe that Mo did a great deal of good simply by talking to them.

Interestingly Ray I understand he will let any labour mp who wishes to grill the pm in prime ministers questions and take it in turns. Should be rather enlightening and entertaining to say the least. At last not all the major leaders are clones and maybe we will all wake up and smell the coffee and not take the b-lls--t we have all been fed over the 30 years.

Anyone know what the SNP stance is on Corbyn, can he take the wind out of there sails so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Well that's the Labour Party finished! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock