Discuss WB 15ri acting funny after flooding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boilerbrigade

Hi all I moved this from public to private...

Morning guys, just after a little advice on a WB 15ri. Long story short the condense was fitted into a rain water pipe that had plants growing down from the gutter above... It blocked and the boiler backed up until it flooded. So it's the second time it has happened, WB replaced some bits under warranty and got it working about 2 years ago....

on my first visit I removed leaves, and spiders from the trap..... But could not get power to anywhere in the boiler past the Control board and went straight to volatile lockout no attempt at ignition sequence, replaced pcb on WB recommendation. Anyway now get power to fan, it clicks to begin ignition then volatile lock out again. All values are correct across gas valve coils, thermostats etc etc, flue ways are clear and I'm a bit stumped. I'm not a WB expert but I replaced condense pipe to main drainage obviously code plug is in etc etc - now it had been leaking for a while ( work top swollen below appliance) and I wondered if any of you WB guys had any other ideas?

Thanks in advance... - happy birthday to me;-)

I have not seen it leak from anywhere..., although bit damp under sump cover. I really don't like WB either the last two 24 systems I fitted did not even fit the jig properly. I'm loving vokeras at the moment I must say... But anyway removed sump cover hardly any water in there, 5 mm of water in condense sump. Customer said they watched it happening...

I'd be checking the wiring connections and harness on the board. Make sure the connections are all clean and continuity across each cable. Sounds like it could be a rectification fault so check your earths as well.

As above, if it's had water damage it could have corrosion on the connecters into things :)

All done, harness is good dry and has continuity. WB said it's possible after water ingress to short the fan out via the harness. I should add the lockout now happens after 30 seconds of turning on not immediately as it did pre pcb replacement.... I might just set fire to it, cylinder is directly above it - that will get them some hot water;-)

I would check the gas valve connections for corrosion and also check resistance readings for the gas valve. The connections are low down and definately would have got wet.

Hi Kev I did that got 175 across top coil and .375kohms across bottom, again no corrosion - damn worcesters!

Is it the gas valve with the electrical connections at the front or the back? I have had this before where on the older gas valve with the electrical connections at the back they can get damp and it just goes to volatile lockout pretty much straight away. You need to dry it all out and the electrical plug.

Is it the gas valve with the electrical connections at the front or the back? I have had this before where on the older gas valve with the electrical connections at the back they can get damp and it just goes to volatile lockout pretty much straight away. You need to dry it all out and the electrical plug.

It is the one with them on the front, was the older one where they were almost touching the casing?

Yeah the older ones they were really down low in a sort of groove in the bottom of the casing. Whenever a condense froze or blocked they always ended getting wet and you would get exactly the symptoms you are describing. Your description does sound like a gas valve fault to me, its locking out at the ignition stage. Got good readings on rectification leads etc? Does it actually ignite or just begin to spark? The fan could be a possibility.

I would have said the gas valve connection too. But if the connections are on the front then it's the new Sigma valve. I'd check the ignition and flame rectification probes. Might just be a coincidence that they're no good at the same time as the flood.

My experience of Worcester tech over the last 12 months has been poor. They've been wrong on several occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB 15ri acting funny after flooding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock