Currently reading:
Water regs

Discuss Water regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Obviously water regs are there for a reason but does anyone think its becoming a bit of a joke with the amount of people suddenly declaring to be bathroom/kitchen fitters? Seeing some shocking stuff plumbed in contravening all sorts of wras regs , granted tiling / finished product looks good but arnt these regs there for reason !!!

Handy men bathrooms.................... got to agree ,,,, ive seen all sort of rubbish

worked in a bathroom the other month where the basin went uphill before connecting into the bath waste, so basin filled up even with plug out, and the bath syphoned the basin trap out when discharging lol even though he could have connected to the 4" float with a seperate boss branch

worked in a bathroom the other month where the basin went uphill before connecting into the bath waste, so basin filled up even with plug out, and the bath syphoned the basin trap out when discharging lol

The guy that fitted it probably thought it was a neat solution. :)

Makes me laugh when you see people calling themselves bathroom fitters when did that become a TRADE your either a plumber or a handyman or a tiller that can cut into a couple of pipes

Makes me laugh when you see people calling themselves bathroom fitters when did that become a TRADE your either a plumber or a handyman or a tiller that can cut into a couple of pipes

Cutting the pipes is dead simples. It's the gluing them back together again which I find difficult ...

Yep i agree, but until they make the regs into some sort of law? it'll just keep happening, ive seen some scary stuff too. lol. its amazing what these so called fitters get up to..

i went to re first fix a bathroom after a call from a custard - he was standing there with the water board inspection officer in his bathroom, turns out he paid for a bathroom install including a bidet with a hose thats cleans ur "backdoor" for want of a better word,. Any way the yeehaa merchant that fitted bathroom forgot to fit double check valves to the bidet. custard and family used it (yuk) and consequently caused a backflow of contaminated water into the water supply, they all got ill and called in the water board to inspect it!!

Moral if the story is - if you want a bathroom or a new kitchen, pay for a plumber to do the pipe work!

And who here puts up a permanent notice to say which the small button and large button is for on a WC when installing a new one?

I'm expecting a whole horde of "I do"s!!

:cool:

TC.;148453Moral if the story is - if you want a bathroom or a new kitchen said:
Reminds me of last year, all set to install a kitchen sink for a customer having a new kitchen fitted. gets a call "don't bother, the joiner will do it", righty o I thought. Three days later, can you come and fix the leak under the new sink. I was like a mad scientist sat cross legged in front of the sink cupboard chucking pipe and fittings over my shoulder into the kitchen. There must have been 10 speedfit elbows under there all attached to copper pipe cut with a hacksaw and not an isolation valve in sight. Really enjoyed giving them the large bill, even funnier when the tried to ask for a reduction if I kept the leftover elbows. Told em to keep em, oh and forgot to mention to them that the o rings were now shredded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock