Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss waste licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So who actually on here has this licence??
Was mentioned to me earlier that i need one as a business removing old boilers from site via my van as its illegal if i dont have one

talk about encouraging fly tipping

I was told I needed one when I contracted to the council, they told me to get one within 2 weeks of starting or they'd let me go. I worked there 10 months, and I never had one :)

by the sounds of it, it's just another stealth tax on tradesmen.

I leave mine outside the front door gone by hometime problem solved

once you clean up take all your daily waste , place it in van so you can dispose of it via a tip at weekends that constitutes illegal waste carrying lol

been asked the same as VT to show my licence

once you clean up take all your daily waste , place it in van so you can dispose of it via a tip at weekends that constitutes illegal waste carrying lol

I knew some blokes that actually had them, when the council asked to see them, they may have well showed them their driving license as they didnt look properly.

I think they are about 150 quid from memory, I've still not got one, but I'm not at the council anymore.

Dont see why I need one my rubbish goes in skips or through waste collectors as for taking old boilers and copper etc I dont need a waste licence to recyle news paper and jam jars so why is metal any different? And besides i dont see it as waste if it was waste id be paying someone to remove it not collecting money for taking it in. How can something which according to the government brings in a taxable income be clased as waste and if I was thick enough to litter our countryside with copper cylinders and old boilers im sure it would only be five minutes before a helpfull chap in a flat bed picked it all up and recycled it for me.

Leave metal for pickys cardboard goes into recycling bin and other bits in bin or customer can take it to dump, have skips for bathroom jobs though

i collect all my scrap copper and brass up and take it home..

i am using it for an invention officer, what?. no i cant tell you what it is or show you as i will loose my patent on it!!!!!!off..

Great isn't it, waist carrying license. You can carry it but you have to pay again to tip it at council tips.

I've got one, it cost £154 for 3 years. If you get stopped and are found to be illegally carrying waste the fine starts at £200 and increases if you are caught again. VOSA and the environment agency also have the powers to confiscate and crush the vehicles of persistent offenders. Last year there was a crack down in Kent and vehicles were crushed. No matter how you try to wriggle out of it scrap is classed as construction debris and you need a licence to transport it.

Why risk a fine or worse when the money from one decent scrap run will cover the cost?

I'm the same as Mike, I got one last year as I didn't think I had to have one for a few years until someone I know got routinely stopped by the Police, VOSA and Immigration (randomly do it up here). Upshot of it was he got fined £1000 (partly for overloading, partly for carrying waste without a carriers licence). I wasn't prepared to take the chance. £154 for 3 years from SEPA.
Another tax or not, everyone carrying waste from the job to the dump or home or whatever is supposed to pay it.

I read somewhere that if it is waste you have created you can carry it but not if someone else has and you carry it. Also you the licence is for each borough or county so if you cross three counties you need 3 licences. Hope someone can clarify on here.

I can clarify that I won't be paying for the privilege of carrying my own rubbish if that helps.

Just not worth the risk of being caught imo. The police up this way have started doing spot checks of vans entering scrappies. Not worth the risk.

Now that cash payments are a thing of the past, there is a clear audit trail to people who are selling to scrappies. Only takes one government department (HMRC) to talk to another (Environment Agency) and they may well be knocking on your door.

I agree that it's complete crap and another tax on the working man but equally I have no sympathy at all for anyone who is operating illegally and undercutting those playing fairly. Sorry if this is controversial but that's my 2p.

Do we need to sit an exam or do they just send you a shiny badge when you cough up the money?

Do we need to sit an exam or do they just send you a shiny badge when you cough up the money?

It's like anything these days, you pay your money and get your qualifications, oops sorry, license. :)

thats it. a license to carry, not tip. unbelievable.

better start believing it, because if you do get caught then you will know all about it.

its not waste if your taking it home to burn to keep warm, its fuel.

my brother carrys a chain saw for cutting up free timber from where ever he can find it. Its his fuel source, is he carrying waste or fuel?

I get 12 vouchers a year 4 commercial waste 8 domestic think I used two last year.lukily one I went in trailer and guy was throwing trees branches 3" thick away so he lobbed them in trailer I brought home and used on fire

If I'm paying £154 every 3 years, I should be able to take my rubbish to the tip in the van.

And how is it that all tradesmen are supposed to just know, that they need this license? Telepathy? I've never had any correspondence about it from any body/agency

If I'm paying £154 every 3 years, I should be able to take my rubbish to the tip in the van.

And how is it that all tradesmen are supposed to just know, that they need this license? Telepathy? I've never had any correspondence about it from any body/agency

I found out about it when my mate got done and asked on here.

I had heard of it but only come to light this week via email for contractor i worked for

3 year licence. Why not make it a round 5 years like GSR , then we could lump it on the gas registration, maybe get a discount ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to waste licence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock