Currently reading:
War movie

Discuss War movie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Been some good war films over the years

What's your favourite/s?

Mine are platoon & bridge on the river Kwai

One you may of missed is Days of Glory which is a really good one about ww2 & how the French listed North Africans into their army.... Well worth watching...

Black hawk down and first half hour in particular of saving private Ryan. Both great action but enough to scare the cr@p out of you and give you a healthy respect of our military to say the least.

these are two of my favourite war films, and Saving Private Ryan download.jpg download (1).jpg

Dambusters. It's off its time, but it's true and makes you think about inventors like Barnes Wallis and the brave blokes that went out on the bombers. Nothing beats the old British films.
Love the bit in the film where Barnes Wallis asked a top brass for use of a Wellington bomber for testing the bouncing bombs and got the reply, - What reason would I give for them to loan you a Wellinton as we need every one as they are vital to the war effort?
Barnes replied, - Would it perhaps help if you mentioned to them that I designed the Wellington bomber?

Das Boot and Inglorious b@stards ,but i like the gritty low budget ones like Dog soldiers.

It was the war against 8' walking dogs :)

Private Spoon and the frying pan scene, classic :)

Ok going a bit of track so lets bring it back with these;

The Eagle has landed
Cockleshell Heroes
Where Eagles Dare
Cross of Iron and a newer film War Horse

Above us the waves....pearl harbour....reach for the sky.....must admit black hawk down is a fave of mine as is enemy at the gate.....regards Turnpin:89:

Anyone mention Kelly's heroes.
Where Eagles Dare and The Eagle has Landed
They are 2 classics. Would watch either of them on repeat all day.
missus might b in d horrors though hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to War movie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock