Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera Compact 25HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JAP&H

Hi all.

Pulling hair out (not much left)

Compact 25HE - Ignition sequence ok when demand for DHW, burner lights and water is hot at the outlet.

However, the temperature continues to rise until the primary thermistor puts the fire out. Pump continues to run and the appliance re-lights once cooled (the time of this varies).

Same thing happens during heating demand.

I have unplugged primary thermistor and plugged in a new one leaving it external to the heat exchanger. The boiler runs continuously under this test, kept an eye on temperature and shut tap before tripping high limit stat.

Plate to plate, heat exchanger, thermistors, pump, diverter valve and motor all checked - clear. Venturi's cleaned, flue not blocked. Fan ok.

Am I missing something simple? Advised landlord he may have to call vokera.

Any pointers appreciated in advance.

Check the modulation coil ... If you're GSR you'll know how to test hi and low modulating pressures too yeh?

Thanks Diamondgas.

Solenoid getting correct voltage from board and showing correct resistance listed in MIs.

High and low pressures check out, got it into my head that it's a restriction in flow issue but can't find the blockage.

Tennant good as gold (she only notices when showering). Landlord bleating on about costs but wants it sorted, he's thinking of putting property on market.

Thanks for your advice, will mull over problem in beer garden of local when I take the dog for a pint.

Must dash whilst the hot orange thing in the sky is still working.

Thanks Diamondgas.

Solenoid getting correct voltage from board and showing correct resistance listed in MIs.

High and low pressures check out, got it into my head that it's a restriction in flow issue but can't find the blockage.

Tennant good as gold (she only notices when showering). Landlord bleating on about costs but wants it sorted, he's thinking of putting property on market.

Thanks for your advice, will mull over problem in beer garden of local when I take the dog for a pint.

If it's reaching temp of high limit on minimum pressure then there'll deffo be a restriction in the primary flow ... Weird that the water is getting hot though unless the hot water flows really poor?

Enjoy your beer :)

is the boiler not in warranty dead easy vokera come out change wiring loom.as most problems have been this

sorry to say fitted myself probably 60 of there boilers now when i turn on if there is a problem they come out then fix it. never been back to any others since 5 years long may it last fitted some Worcester and had more problems the last one was only we can fix them so i now fit vokera compact as the others are getting too much tecnology

Hi all thanks for your posts.

Got in touch with local Vokera bloke, Glen (my new bestest mate).

He suggested draining down and checking for blockage behind drain point as this is where the auto bypass is and it may be stuck.

Cleared out the gunk, re-assemble and fill.

Boiler now operating correctly and safely in both modes.

Plonking forward to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Compact 25HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock