Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 050-W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Has anyone fit this boiler recently ?? Does it have a wall spacing frame as an extra ?? and does it have an internal filling loop.

I have a customer who wants a new boiler, existing is a Baxi Solo. She hates pipework and wants it to an absolute minimum, I can't put the boiler anywhere other than where it already is downstairs in a utility room. Pipes need to run down behind the boiler, condense and PRV she will have to live with. I need a boiler like the Worcester Junior but cheaper....any recommendations ???

Edited to add : also needs a pluming kit.

Yep , comes down the condensate pipe, as a viessmann guy i dont actually like the idea

Never done this budget version so TBH , i dont know, the usual 100 is the WB1C and that defiantly does.

Can confirm that this model does not come with a integral filling loop as standard.

Watch the pressure gauge tube (thin plastic) when soldering, very easy to melt if not careful.

Changed my mind and am fitting the Viessmann with stand off frame. Have agreed with the customer who has a severe dislike of pipework that I can put the filling loop in the pipework in a better more accessible location that she wont be able to see, there are no regs regarding placement of filling loop are there ???

Good choice pal, on the wb1c V combis with stand off bracket there is a slide on/in panel on the bottom that hides most of the pipes anyway , ( hope thats the same for the new 050 ) as long as the filling loop is accessible and more importantly the customer knows where it is , it shouldnt be a problem.

If you put a remote fill loop away from the boiler don't forget to put a gauge next to it so cust doesn't open valves and wander back to boiler to check!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 050-W in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back