Search the forum,

Discuss Viesmann vitodens 100 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Newly installed Viesmann vitodens 100W 35kw boiler, can’t get Central heating to work.

Is your timer / room stat calling for heat ?

Is your timer / room stat calling for heat ?
I have not got the room stats fitted yet as waiting on electrician to come and wire them up. Was trying to switch it on manually from the boiler. Heating is set on the boiler at 22 degrees but it’s not firing up to heat the rads. The hot water is hot so boiler is on and working. I have downloaded the app but still can’t seem to get it to work. Surely there’s a way to switch it on and off from the boiler. The plumber who fitted it has never fitted one before and is not tech savvy so is struggling to set it up. I’m trying to help but I’m also useless with tech.

Your sure your not setting/ messing with the flow temp try upping it to 50 ?

Also it’s down to the installer to wire the boiler up and stat also is it the black control panel if so it might have onboard WiFi via vicare app so you can control it that way

E2BB47EC-642E-4986-9CE8-F50A6B5DE82C.jpeg
Hi,
Yes it’s the black control panel model, the plumber has wired it up for power but is waiting on room stats to be wired in. I have downloaded the app but get this message on it.

Press the drop down and up the temp

Did he use the outdoor weather comp sensor ?

I’m not sure if he has used the outside temp sensor? He is not here now but will be back tomorrow. I was hoping to get the rads on tonight as the house is freezing. What should I up the temp to as it was set at 22 degrees on the app and all the trv’s on the rads are open but no heat at all in them?

It’s sensing the outside temp is 22dc so no heating maybe

Try setting to 25 ?

Thanks for your reply, I’ve tried setting the temp higher and leaving it for an hour or so and it’s still not heating up at all. It obviously has something to do with the summer eco mode but there doesn’t seem to be a way to turn it off to enable the heating to work. I have read through the manual but there’s no mention of it in there. I’m absolutely stumped as is the plumber. The worst of it is he wanted to fit a Potterton as they are simple to install and I insisted on the Viesmann.

Your installer must of removed the link as it should fire up when he was wiring it up ready for the room stat / external controls

Stick a bag of frozen peas on top of the thermostat. If it's an external thermostat, and if it is genuinely connected up so as to control the boiler, the ice pack may be enough to prove to it that it ain't summer?

Stick a bag of frozen peas on top of the thermostat. If it's an external thermostat, and if it is genuinely connected up so as to control the boiler, the ice pack may be enough to prove to it that it ain't summer?

That’s the problem it’s not wired up

Reply to Viesmann vitodens 100 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock