Discuss vac for servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hybrid

I'm moving away from installs and more into repairs and servicing. Atm I use my wickes wet and dry for everything but it's a faff carrying my tools, wet vac, dustsheet and forms in and out of every job.
Plus i'm downsizing the van to something smaller and more economical so it would be nice to have a smaller vac.
I'm on a downsizing kick in general, smaller servicing/repair bag with less, more multifunctional tools in it.

What i'm after is a small, light, bagless vac with a retractible cord that isn't going to choke after it's been introduced to a bbu. I'm not interested in a cordless vac as it's another battery to charge.

I know vacuum cleaners doesn't get the juices flowing like a nice new drill but any recommendations?

Dont go bagless, moment you get soot it will fire straight out!
get a good old henry and use the the hepa bags, just charge a pound extra per service
in reality if you're doing gas boilers a bag will last you ages.
i get 2 to 5 services on the oil per bag

I too use my wickes wet dry I'll be honest the filter change annoys me so I tend to keep it on wet.

when I can find one at a reasonable price I will get one of these

Makita BVC350Z 18v Li-ion Vacuum Cleaner / Dust Extractor (Body Only) ..

its supposed to be dust extraction but I've played with a demo and I reckon it'll cope with a few dead flys and some grit

I have also sent an email to dyson a year ago with an image of that vac and there own hand held and suggested they come up with something for our market but never got a reply

Rob why dont you buy the combined wet and dry filter? £15 I think.

Didn't know they did them tbh are we talking about the blue vac with the slip over filter?

Nice one cheers for the heads up! It's actually the best vac I've used I've had A Henry and a karcher and it knocks socks off of both apart from the filter swap that I now don't have to worry about and for the money I paid versus the other 2 I'll settle for not having a retractable cable. The actual suck on it leaves poor Henry with a frown plus it has wet functionality. The karcher was possibly the worst vac purchase I could have made. Top heavy cheap plastics and the wet side would only hold about a litre before it shut off

Dunno, Henry isn't much smaller than the wickes wet vac :thinking:

I use m18 for servicing , to clean filter just in plug out it on blow and blast dust out. Filters last months and only £16

Nice one cheers for the heads up! It's actually the best vac I've used I've had A Henry and a karcher and it knocks socks off of both apart from the filter swap that I now don't have to worry about and for the money I paid versus the other 2 I'll settle for not having a retractable cable. The actual suck on it leaves poor Henry with a frown plus it has wet functionality. The karcher was possibly the worst vac purchase I could have made. Top heavy cheap plastics and the wet side would only hold about a litre before it shut off

I had the Karcher one as well, left a big puddle first time is used it, took it back and the guy said its wasn't designed for pro use, Joke

use a nilfisk one now, half price of the Charles, but really good, solid and robust

I have the wet/dry out of lidl and it's dead on, cheap and has 3 year guarantee so no problem bringing it back when it dies! Also have the handheld Makita bag less vac but it was ok for a while but knackered now,wouldn't buy again.

Henry had it for 3 years, great heavy duty unit and also a lot quieter than my last hoover.

Killed my wet vac now! :(
Had a flood light on as lighting circuit out, put vac down in front of it and melted right through the hose in about 30 seconds :lol:

Definitely picking up another wickes wet vac.

Killed my wet vac now! :(
Had a flood light on as lighting circuit out, put vac down in front of it and melted right through the hose in about 30 seconds :lol:

Definitely picking up another wickes wet vac.

Led flood lights!

no burning your backside on em!

For £35 you just can't beat it! Got my multi use filter yesterday too

Bought myself a Henry cos I was sick of lugging the 30lt nikfisk about and the filter being wet.

Great hoovers

If you like the numatics, they do one called James, similar to henry but a bit smaller, lighter and quieter...500-800 watts, so it doesn't get tenants on prepayment meters moaning about all their credit going. I always used a Henry, without the bag, did many a back-boiler - never let me down. Draper have a small 10l hoover that only weighs about 3.5kg....might be good if you want a light easy carry unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vac for servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Im after a cheapish wet and dry vac....a quick search and it seems a "Earlex" or the wickes one are good budget choices... Is the wickes one...
Replies
Views
Gmaservices
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock