Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Using coil to clear pipe leading to gutter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sonya K

Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through anything that may be blocking it from flowing downwards. He said it SHOULD work but couldn't say for certain.

Can you tell me why; he took away some of the water from the pipe and I went out of the room, i heard him running the water (even though the pipework wasn't connected). On return I saw the pipe was full again. It wasn't connected to my tap which could only mean the water was coming from the opposite direction. The water level looked to be not rising i.e. water wasn't pushing up out of the pipe. Before the plumber came round water was verrrrry slowly draining away from my sink but it was draining. I don't understand why water is sitting in this bit of pipe. Please can someone explain?

And also advise if he is right to use the coil, what the likelihood of success is, and what a typical charge for this is? He is charging £180 - £200 thank you!

Can you post a couple of photos showing the how the pipes / gutters etc. are arranged and point out which section(s) are full of water, please? I'm having difficulty visualising this from your description.

hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe that had water in it was the pipe leading away from the flat to the gutter.

Another plumber came out and turned on tap and after 12 hours I saw water coming up from the sink drain into sink bowl. So water is coming UP, which I dont understand. Then I noticed the downstairs neighbours using their kitchen sink (could hear water running) and then saw water in my sink. Could they be the cause of the blockage? Or is it the drains?

Reply to Using coil to clear pipe leading to gutter in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock