Discuss Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I have posted a message similiar few weeks back regarding my issue with the cylinder, currently at week 3 still waiting for a plumber to check this, been let down twice already! - frankly a little pee'ed off!

So my question is meanwhile could I try the 'reinstating the air' procedure on this, it maybe just as simple as this.. I can try at least, if so can someone kindly post instructions on how to do this? happy to send pics first.

Thanks

Direct means the hot water is heated from the heat source. I.e. an immersion heater or heaters.
Indirect means the hot water is heated by a flow of hot water inside a coil (copper or stainless steel tubing) which sits inside the cylinder.
Yours is indirect.

indirect

direct is electric immersions heating it

in direct is a boiler heating it

Plumber been today, finally sorted, it was the expansion vessel (i think that’s what it is called) needed airing, got it serviced too, the anode rods apparently looked as new when the cylinder was installed in 2010! I had the temp on 40c which was too low, all now set to 65.

I also have a water pump(the one that makes sure the hot water comes out straight away from taps) think its known as secondary loop , I have been told to put it on a timer as im losing heat. I might even try it without , test it out, as the water temperature is alot higher than before.

If I set the pump timer to come on for 5 minutes at a time would that be sufficient? Would that give me instant hot water next time I turn the tap on?

Thanks

Last edited:
The secondary pump works on the basis of spinning the water round the system so that you have hot water just waiting under the hot outlet for when it’s opened up. The timer will mean it spins once every 15-20-30mins to ensure that you have fresh hot water near the outlet

Yeah he checked said he will talk about it next time, he’s coming back to upgrade my thermostat.

Going back to the water pump how long does it take for the water to spin around the pipes once? Is 5 minute timer sufficient each time?

Thanks

Reply to Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back