Search the forum,

Discuss Trade qualified week 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simon m

hi all i have my week 3 of 5 coming up at atl southamtom course is with TQ have any of you guys done it there and what should i expect as am i right in thinking that i will have a bathroom fit which i will be marked on or is that week 4 ?

hi simon yes i think week 3 is bathroom fit i did my TQ there as well about three years ago. bathroom fit was relatively easy bath basin and toilet parallel pipes and offsets to taps waste etc. bathroom will go live connected to mains which if i remember correctly is something like 7-10 bar! who is your tutor i had paul when i was there. good luck and stick at it it'll be worth it in the end.

in the 2 weeks i have already had there i have had 4 tutors mike, i think i had paul (tall skinny guy whos wife works there as well ) a old boy who left on my 2nd day of week one can not rember his name and a new guy think it was his 2nd week on my week 2

so should be like week 2 but tested on it.
just hope i can get a bay to myself this time as had to share last time (over booked)

just trying to get the weeks booked as need to book weeks 3 and 4 and they are not the best at getting back to emails.

i know a gas man who has offed me work for when i finish the course so i dont want it to take to long as dont want the job given to some one else

just go up to the office when you're there to book the other weeks.

Bathroom took me day and half, it was a stupid busy week with 20 students all doing the same so I was left bored for 2.5 days as they wouldn't let me do anything else, worse week.

ok cool just thought it might be worth getting the pre book so i dont get a email saying we can do next week of 12 weeks time but that might be a good idea get week 3 booked and then when down there book 4

hooded claw how long ago did you go to atl ?

"
Trade qualifiedweek 3
hi all i have my week 3 of 5 coming up

Not meaning this as any kind of put down but is this serious????

Tamz, these are the practical weeks, the theory is all done at home, welcome to the intensive apprenticeship program. Still takes a year!

dont know but around here theres not a lot of work for any trade

i think i am lucky in a way bumped into one of my bro inlaws school mates who said he will have a job if i want it but dont want to keep him waiting to long

I thought an apprenticeship was the only way to becoming a tradesmen, until I came across this site :p

you can be a master plumber in 12 weeks,ie you are able to design and install hot and cold water systems all to correct sizes and regulations,same with central heating,gas work ditto,soil stacks,waste pipework,including gravity vacum double containment all to correct falls ,drains all to correct falls sizes and regs,soft solder, braise,copper work,lead roof work,zink and copper roofwork,solar thermal to all relevant regs and standerds,unvented cylinders,heat pumps ditto,be able to solve problems in existing water heating waste systems, it goes on !! i wish i had known all this when i first got into plumbing,all these courses are the bottom rung of the ladder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trade qualified week 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock