Discuss Tool for cutting lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewstokes87

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is a cutter which can be used on lead? preferably a ratchet one, I have been using a hacksaw but that gets tricky when in awkward places!

Cheers

Would't they just snatch the pipe? I have a pair of them in my van but would never have thought they woulod do the job, its something I will have to try!

Whats wrong with the angle grinder, or fein cutter? Hammer and chisel, basically anything that will do the job :)

I have just bought a cheap, but well made, set of aviation snips, partly for cutting lead sheet. They are excellent as spring loaded handles make cutting fast & easy. Think mine are made by " Zag" , but very similar, more expensive ones are little more than £10. Def recommend them. Edit- Should have said that lead pipe just needs ordinary plastic pipe cutters, as said in next post. Lovely clean cut with no effort.

Last edited:
rothenburger plastic pipe cutters, ratchet action and slices through lead very easily, keeps the shape of the lead, doesnt damage it at all,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool for cutting lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock