Discuss This is not funny, please sign the petition!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Got this sent to me on FB. Bloody Paralympics and restricted access for wheel chair users!!!! This country (UK) has it's priorities all wrong. If it was a Lord or a Royal, or a feckin asylum seeker, they'd have their own stand.

"The London 2012 Olympic Games were brilliant. My family - particularly my two children - loved it. I decided I wanted to take them to the Paralympic Games to sample the once in a lifetime showcase of disabled sport in London.
I'm a wheelchair user, with a four-year-old autistic son and a nineteen-month-old daughter. Naturally we wanted to sit together and, particularly as it’s the Paralympics, I assumed there would be adequate provision to allow for this.
So I was stunned to hear that there was no way that this could happen as there is a policy that wheelchair users can only be accompanied by one other person, meaning that either my children or my husband have to sit far away from me.
I’ve started a petition on Change.org calling on London 2012 to review this policy.Please click here to join me.
I cannot believe that this event, designed to inspire a new generation of athletes, has a discriminatory ticketing policy. It's essential that my husband sits with me as he helps me with things I need to do and clearly my kids can't sit separately.
Aside from these practical considerations, I want to share this special occasion with my family, but I'm being prevented from doing so just because I am in a wheelchair.
Please join my campaign to get the organisers of the Paralympics to change this ticketing policy for these and future Games - so every family can share the Paralympics together. "

I signed yesterday and linked it to facebook so it may have been my link you saw. With all this trouble getting tickets how come the royals were at every prestigious event and quite often the Beckhams? They had no problem getting tickets next to each other.

Done.. The lunatics seem to be running the asylum after all!
"They" are maybe all in this together Dave but "We" certainly arent!

Signed it, what people give the say so on these ridiculous rules! Crazy world.

signed my mums in a wheel chair this so called disability act is non existent in some places

Fully agree, are we supposed to use the athletes for entertainment or to recognise their achievements?

That is the type of stupidity that we will be judged on as a society.

Oscar Pistorious the South African blade runner will not be at the games after failing a drugs test.

He tested positive for WD40. :teeth_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This is not funny, please sign the petition!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back