Currently reading:
Thermal Store Experience required Gledhill, Telford Copper or Newark, Copper or Stee

Discuss Thermal Store Experience required Gledhill, Telford Copper or Newark, Copper or Stee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham Land

Originally plumber had planned to get a Gledhill Torrent MultiFuelStore SOL 450l thermal store.

At the last minute he decided to go for a Newark 'equivalent' Thermal store as it was £200 cheaper but exact same quality. I'm not interested in saving £200 on something that I want to last 20 years if that makes any sense. This is the heart of my heating system and I want the 'best' I can afford.

Yesterday morning when the Newark arrived the plumber discovered it was copper and returned it as he was expecting stainless steel.

I then pointed out that the original Gledhill was also copper which caused some confusion.

Plumber, who's doing stellar work by-the-way, has now suggested a 'bespoke' Telford Steel Thermal store that again should be equivalent to the Gledhill.

I'm absolutely confused and don't know which thermal store to go for...any suggestions?

Unfortunately plumber has no experience of thermal stores, know the theory alright!

I'm looking for a 450l thermal store that I can connect my log burner, oil boiler and (when I win the lotto in 5 years) solar panels.

Thank you
Graham

Re: Thermal Store Experience required Gledhill, Telford Copper or Newark, Copper or

I need to place the order yesterday!!!!

Why does he not want to use copper one??

We use copper thermal stores made by copper industries in northern Ireland

Re: Thermal Store Experience required Gledhill, Telford Copper or Newark, Copper or

He doesn't believe that they have as long a life, all fittings are screwed on rather than welded.

He doesn't believe that they have as long a life, all fittings are screwed on rather than welded.

I may be able to help I have a 500L buffer tank thats for a job thats not being started for a month Pm me your number and I will phone you in the morning

I may be able to help I have a 500L buffer tank thats for a job thats not being started for a month Pm me your number and I will phone you in the morning

Thank you for the offer but I'm more interested in finding out which manufacturer offers the best quality. I don't want to rush into what's a big investment for me.

No worries.

The connections on the Gledhill thermal stores are brazed. The quality is on the whole pretty good. The worse model they made for leaks (in my opinion) is the Pulsacoil 2000. That was an age ago. I've had to replace several 2000's that leak, and when I've stripped them, they have several pinhole leaks as the copper is so thin and the mixture of prolonged heat, lack of inhibitor/flushing, and hardwater kills them within about 6 years.

I am fitting a Torrent multifuel to a solid fuel Rayburn. They're good peices of kit, with decent tech advise. (just dont call the 60p a minute line).

Hope this advice helps. I'm off to work now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal Store Experience required Gledhill, Telford Copper or Newark, Copper or Stee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock