Search the forum,

Discuss System cleaner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ed209

Can I opinions on different cleaning chemicals for partly blocked OV central heating system, initially cut out air separator that was completely bunged cleaned throughly as could not get replacement immediately, system worked perfectly for a couple of days.
Have attempted power flush to no avail, convinced blockage on return some where (mix of Micro & 15mm) so my thought now is put chemicals in for a week then flush again. But which brands have you found most affective? My independent merchants mentioned some brand I have never heard of before can't recall name but said he has had good feedback on it. ( will have to go see him, when I say local 10 miles away)

In the past I've used fernox and sentinel. I usually go with the one that's most expensive on the shelf because I think expensives products do a better job. Saying that I stick to known brand names.

Not used any cleaning chemicals in the past year.

In my opinion the best solution for the long term would be to repipe the system and add a filter.

In the past I've used fernox and sentinel. I usually go with the one that's most expensive on the shelf because I think expensives products do a better job. Saying that I stick to known brand names.

Not used any cleaning chemicals in the past year.

In my opinion the best solution for the long term would be to repipe the system and add a filter.

Fernox, However, from what you said, a pipe slice, tube and fittings sounds more appropriate to be honest !
Good luck with it !

Fernox, However, from what you said, a pipe slice, tube and fittings sounds more appropriate to be honest !
Good luck with it !

MC5 I've used it a few times now and works really good

Sentinal x400 or adeys MC3 cleaner run in the system for up to 2 weeks fit a mag filter at the same time bud you will see what been dissolved then . cheers kop

Tf1 is the filter itself pony dont use them anymore use magna clean or spirax sarco filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System cleaner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock