Currently reading:
Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

You might like to go for a wander around the beta test version of our ecommerce site.

You will notice that you have to register before you can see prices or buy anything. This is because we don't want the general public seeing our prices, and we certainly don't want to sell them anything. I know that its a pain to register, but I think its worth it to protect your margins and keep joe public out.

You can register in 3 ways.

1) If you are gas-safe registered, you can use your gas safe number to verify your trade status. The registration system checks this automatically via the Gas Safe register, and should allow you access without further hassle. However, if you ticked the "no publicity" box when you registered with Gas Safe, then this won't work, and it ought to apologise and tell you that a human being will contact you soon.

2) If you have an account with us already AND we have a valid email address registered on your account, then you can get in almost straight away - we will just automatically send you an "update password" link and you should be fine.

3) If you have neither of the above, just fill in all the details, and it will tell you that a human will contact you. However, if you PM me with the email address that you registered with, I can authorise you immediately - although this only applies to plumbers arms members.

Please remember that it is a first release. It was working perfectly on the test set up earlier, but I bet something goes wrong now. If it does, please don't be afraid of letting us know. However, it is working and if you checkout, your credit card will be debited, and we will ship to you!

So fill yer boots. :)

Cheers

Ray

Kitchen sinks are the same.

Very good site, easy to find stuff and not cluttered. Other sites ive used are a pain e.g. plumb center

Hi Ray, I'm having the same problem with chemicals and water treatment section. I'm on my ipad, every time I click on it it logs me out, when I click log in it does it automatically without entering details, but kicks me back to the bathroom section. I click on water treatment and it kicks me out again.
Just spent 45 minutes trying to buy a bottle of F1. :wheelchair:

But seriously, from what I've seen it looks really good and the prices are good.

It looks like we have a problem with the logging in and out thing - I will take that back to the developers tomorrow. That the beauty of doing stuff on the forum - we can sort these things out before the whole world gets at it.

I registered using gas safe. Can you only register once per gas safe details? It wouldn't be hard to get a postcode and G.S number if you were a ****tard wanting trade prices.

This is something that we have considered - a determined retail customer getting someone's gas safe details and using them to spoof the system. The honest truth is that it would work, but there are a few barriers.

Firstly, they would have to know that we exist. We intend to spend exactly nothing on SEO, and have no intention of climbing up the google rankings.
Secondly, they would really have to make an effort. People won't normally wait 4 secs for a page to load, never mind actually working at something like this
Thirdly - although we would be ****ed off, its not the end of the world. We know that lots of our customers leave our pricelist on jobs, and sometimes even give them to custards and tell them to come here (that never ends well).

Finally, if they do actually succeed in buying something, then its christmas for the gas safe engineer. As a security measure, first orders can only go to the account address, unless Ian or I override it personally.

And they couldn't phone up and admit what they had done, could they. Claiming to be gas-safe registered when you aren't is a criminal offence... :)

Ray, could you use the engineers ID number info?

I think the name, postcode and company number are easily obtainable off the webiste, but engineers numbers not listed. You can search for them specifically but unless you do this the ID number is never displayed.

just a thought if you wanted to be ultra safe, I'm happy for people to deliver free stuff to my house in exchange for my details.

Ray, could you use the engineers ID number info?

I think the name, postcode and company number are easily obtainable off the webiste, but engineers numbers not listed. You can search for them specifically but unless you do this the ID number is never displayed.

just a thought if you wanted to be ultra safe, I'm happy for people to deliver free stuff to my house in exchange for my details.

GasSafe will only release to us information which is otherwise publicly available, as part of their privacy policy and duty of care to you, so I don't think so.

But I will ask. Most of that work was done between our developer and the IT people at Capita (who run GasSafe). That was neither quick, nor cheap!

OK, I am off home, so there will be a delay in service while I am driving from Fareham to Portsmouth, saying hi to Mrs S, getting something to eat, and removing the cork from a bottle of plonk.

See you later.

:)

And maybe by the time I get home, someone will have actually bought something! :)

A random prize of doubtful value to the first five orders received. :)

Can we clear our accounts on it?
will sign up when I'm on the iPad.

No, although account holders in good standing can charge stuff to their account. However, you have to change your password first, and even then - expect to get a phone call from us to verify its really you for the first couple of times you use it.

Just on another note - at the moment, the click and collect only offers Fareham as a collect address.

We still have some staff training to do in the other branches, and I don't want to waste time on training materials until we have got all the wrinkles out.

Hi Ray

the system doesn't seem to have like my gas safe details. They are definitely right but it's saying they require manual verification.

The he screens I've seen look very pro though.

Cheers

matt

As Maidstone is a major branch, get it done quick ray ray ;)
I'm sure Ollie will be up for it !!

Need to get it right first Bill, then roll out. No point in training 27 branches, then deciding to change some aspect of it and have to do it all again. Thats why its just fareham at the moment.

Ray

Hi Ray

the system doesn't seem to have like my gas safe details. They are definitely right but it's saying they require manual verification.

The he screens I've seen look very pro though.

Cheers

matt

I'll try and fix you manually Matt, but my admin console is not working, so we may have broken it! :)

Ray

Well done Ray I will order from the site but I still like speaking to Ian for my orders

Our aim is to speak to every customer twice per order Steve - once to confirm shipment and offer the chance at last minute additions, and the other to confirm receipt. Obviously if this starts to bug people, or they would rather not get calls, then we will flag this, but we prefer the human contact if possible. And when we ship a thousand quid's worth of stuff to someone, its got to be worth a 10p phone call to make sure it got their safely. :)

Ray

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/brass-fittings/brass-drain-of-cocks.html"]Brass Drain Of Cocks - Brass Fittings - Copper Pipe & Fittings - Pipe & Fittings | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

Thanks Chris. I think thats another of our spelling mistakes. It shouldn't be "drain of cock" it should be "drain off cock"

Will fix tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back