Discuss speed fit on secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Just changing some dodgy waste pipes on a dubious bathroom job installed by a DIYer putting speed fit in as some has already been fitted in for some time before ,then notice's the unvented has a secondary return fitted.Do I finish it off in plastic and get done for lunch,or do I rip it all out and get home late,this job is a favour money free one.Has anyone fitted platic on a secondary return set up,yes I know you should not use it.

the manufacturers say no to a return that"s on 24 hours a day why would you install a system that runs through the night, it should also be on a stat to stop the pump running needlessly, then again you would know that being an experienced plumber

And you're point being?

Can you use flexi's on systems that have a secondary return ??:lol:

Im sure they would be less able to cope with hot water passing close by 24 hrs a day ! !

If it leeched into water it would be banned

Ok , this may not be exact failure mechanism

( A bit of O2 oxidation , a pinch of Chlorine/Florine ,and some plain old heat-creep )
( external paint / vehicle fumes etc )

Most of the problem is it may have a long 8hr shift
-Hot all day long For Chemicals
........................Heat softening to make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to speed fit on secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock