Discuss Solderd fitting looks crack on front in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi do you do sometimes find even though your sure the solder has run around a fitting the ring you see at the front lip of the fitting and the pipe can occasionally look cracked on one place?

a black spot/line ? normally down to what flux you use/ impurities

IMG_20160407_161226.jpg[

looks like the heat has been held on the left fitting too long drawing the solder down.
am i to presume you soldered that end last?

nah, never had a joint leak yet that i soldered and that includes ones like in pic.
as long as its fluxed 100% and enough solder its done.

Thanks so even with the little gap were it appears to be missing solder between the pipe and the fitting it should be ok as it will have run lower down in the fitting?

try a bit less heat, use a propane bottle if you are using mixed gas bottle for a while.

Ive had this a few times, and have never had a leak from a fitting that looks like this, I just count it as one of my fittings I'm not happy with and usually check it first upon filling the system

Ive had this a few times, and have never had a leak from a fitting that looks like this, I just count it as one of my fittings I'm not happy with and usually check it first upon filling the system
And is it from too much heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solderd fitting looks crack on front in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock