Search the forum,

Discuss Silly one- advice pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IDCHAPPY

I had an engineer saying you can't run 35mm copper off a U6 meter as it needs a commercial/larger domestic U16.. now i'm 99% sure this is gash and the guy (who doesn't have a commercial ticket) is looking for a way out.
Back story being: A big greedy Worster 40 feed by about (adding in fittings) 30M of 28 and the drop between the meter and inlet point of the boiler is about 5 ish mb the boiler barely get 15mb when everything else is on.
I suggested to the architect the guy mans up and runs it 35mm but this looks like it will take the IV outside the domestic ticket.

Iv of 30 meters of 35mm copper allowing 10% for fittings plus a u6 gives a IVt of 0.0358m3

Cheers dudes, i thought so, i almost feel a bit sorry for the other installer but he has to bit the bullet and get on with it really... or pay me handsomely to do it :D
Again, love the guys and advice on here, I salute you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye aye master chappers, how's u ,,,,,,you just want to run in some big cloot 35mm pipe work lol

Aye aye master chappers, how's u ,,,,,,you just want to run in some big cloot 35mm pipe work lol

I know the 40 cdi is a hungry monster, I'd get no pleasure what so ever in flinging 32M od 28 in the scrap bag...... :D

Addendum to this, they now say not only does the 38kw Cdi need to be feed from a U16 meter(which the gas board are refusing to sanction as the house only uses 56kw max) they now also say it should be piped in 50mm all the way.... the mind boggles.
Best get that calculator out :lol:

Addendum to this, they now say not only does the 38kw Cdi need to be feed from a U16 meter(which the gas board are refusing to sanction as the house only uses 56kw max) they now also say it should be piped in 50mm all the way.... the mind boggles.
Best get that calculator out :lol:

Who is saying this?

The other contractor that's domestic only. I now think they're definitely looking for any way to avoid going back or sorting it out.
I'm only looking at it as a favour just now so I'm not going to crazy on it :p

A u6 should be fine unless manufacturers say otherwise but I can't see them saying that.

What's the working pressure at the meter? Is the working pressure at the boiler taken at the gas valve? Can you cut in a test nipple before the boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silly one- advice pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock