Discuss screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

had a mate working with me today sent him off to the merchants (on my account) as I was busy gets everything fine but then gets the cheapest screws they sell they are only fit for the bin blooming quick silvers I wouldn't mind but he knows I only use velocity's and because the quick silvers are so bad I now have a hole in my thumb nail where I cammed out of the screw and into my hand !!! rant over ps what screws do you lot use

on the subject of screws what size do folks use for screwing toilet to concrete floor been looking at getting stainless steel ones but to expensive to carry different sizes at £17 a box

These Turbo Ultra A2 Stainless Steel Countersunk 6.0 x 80mm Pack of 100 | Turbo Ultra Screws | NoLinkingToThis
But i prefer these
Traditional Brass Countersunk Slotted Screws 12 x 3" Pack of 100 | Brass Countersunk Screws | NoLinkingToThis

You can get them cheaper here
SCREWS LINE - Suppliers of woodscrews screws fixings building supplies and other multi-purpose materials to trade, education and the public at low prices

on the subject of screws what size do folks use for screwing toilet to concrete floor been looking at getting stainless steel ones but to expensive to carry different sizes at £17 a box

I use brass 2/12" OR 3" screws. Vital to get the hole and the plug size right as the buggers bend and twist when driving them in otherwise.

These Turbo Ultra A2 Stainless Steel Countersunk 6.0 x 80mm Pack of 100 | Turbo Ultra Screws | NoLinkingToThis
But i prefer these
Traditional Brass Countersunk Slotted Screws 12 x 3" Pack of 100 | Brass Countersunk Screws | NoLinkingToThis

You can get them cheaper here
SCREWS LINE - Suppliers of woodscrews screws fixings building supplies and other multi-purpose materials to trade, education and the public at low prices

will try the stainless thanks been using normal screws but sometimes they feel as if they will shear as the plugs are tight

Fischer Toilet Pan / Bidet Fixing Kit | Sanitary Fixings Kits | NoLinkingToThis

if you could just by the plastic top hat countersunk caps on their own in bags of 50

use these but not as good

Snap Caps 10-12 Gauge White Pack of 100 | Screw Caps & Cups | NoLinkingToThis

Anything with torx head usually get mine from Axminster less head failure less slip between bit and screw head. And if anyone other then me works on the system they will do nothing but curse and wish they hadn't got involved! Serves customer right for not using me again!

lol, I have been considering doing the same or even square drive screws to further reduce the number of folk with the right tools.

Square Screws

Between that and some obscure pressfit piping system should ensure i'm the only one that can work on the plumbing :rofl:

They were all square drive in Canada, lovely to work with.

As ermi said, an impact driver makes any screw the business.

Screws in (impact driver)

hammer-1.jpg

Screws out

an.j8pb-facom-phillips-pozi-slotted-screwdriver-set-5831-p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock