Discuss Riello 40 oil pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

obleo

I fitted an Riello 40 oil pump to an RDB burner and (to my surprise) it seems to work fine.
Anyone know of any reason why this pump substitution may be a problem, long term or otherwise?

[h=2]If anyone here knows any reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace[/h]

Wash pressure is different, use different coil arrangement and different hp oil line fitting. But if you've got it on and its working I'd say you're good top go. Though personally I carry both on the van as wouldn't want to chance a problem.

I fitted an Riello 40 oil pump to an RDB burner and (to my surprise) it seems to work fine.
Anyone know of any reason why this pump substitution may be a problem, long term or otherwise?

Why??

done well to get that to fit then, now i look they totally different, ps please define "wash rate" is that 30kg/hr at 12 bar spec

wash pressure = pressure generated during purge, older pumps were around 4 bar in order to open the oil rams where fitted.

wash pressure = pressure generated during purge, older pumps were around 4 bar in order to open the oil rams where fitted.

thanks for that, keep on learning throughout your life, and kilopascals are...............

I fitted an older Riello 40 pump I happened to have. It just went straight in with little or no effort, running at a steady nine bar. The RDB pump it replaced was noisy after only 12 months as was the previous pump, that is to say 2 RDB pumps have been replaced due to excessive noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also worth knowing is that if (when) the oil rams leak on most boiler it is no problem to just dispense with the em completely, with the possible exception of a non balanced flue low level discharge.

I fitted an older Riello 40 pump I happened to have. It just went straight in with little or no effort, running at a steady nine bar. The RDB pump it replaced was noisy after only 12 months as was the previous pump, that is to say 2 RDB pumps have been replaced to to excessive noise.

something is causing a problem here then if pumps keep failing, dirt, water tank height issues pulling air through. air ingress. r you oil engineer or diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello 40 oil pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back