Discuss returning spare parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsson67

Gas Engineer
quick question , if i want to return a boiler pcb is there a way that city heating spares can check to see if the control pcb purchased from them was connected to the boiler to test ?

generally the dont do returns on pcbs . i assume you didnt need it after all and the fault was still there ? what board is it

PCB non returnable part as far as i am aware, friend of mine was doing boiler fault for me and put a pump in which never remedied the fault £80/£90 down pan straight away !!!Needless to say was not impressed!

yeah basically yesterday got called out to a potterton promax 15he which wasnt firing , found it sparking at the back of the ignition pcb which meant there was no spark so replaced the ignition pcb which solved the initial problem but the burner wouldnt stay on so did some more checks and was getting the correct voltage on both pcb's according to fault finding chart this suggested that the control pcb needed replacing too so ordered a new one and fitted today but still the same problem

you can return the pcb at 15 % charge as long as it hasnt been connected

never hurts to try . hows your relationship with them . do you spend loads or are you someone who calls in once a flood etc

never hurts to try . hows your relationship with them . do you spend loads or are you someone who calls in once a flood etc

sort of inbetween , they are always pretty helpful to be honest so wouldnt wanna upset them off , but im not sure how they would know if i had connected it to the boiler because they told me they can check to see if it was although they were probably bluffing

Last edited by a moderator:
depending on the pcb you may see marks where the connectors have been put on , I would not bother taking it back if i had fitted it. All the merchants I know would only take it back if it was faulty. I think they are within their rights as every tom dick and harry would be bringing them back.

look at it this way. how would you feel if you bought a brand new computer and got it home set it up only to discover it had already been used?

had 3 faulty pcb,s for a ariston off my supplier i went mad,but it was resolved the relationships like this,if i say its faulty i get a new one no sending it back to be tested and buying another one

this why i stick to install's . latest boilers are getting too complex & with electronic parts generally non returnable, you end up out of pocket as well as working for nothing.

had 3 faulty pcb,s for a ariston off my supplier i went mad,but it was resolved the relationships like this,if i say its faulty i get a new one no sending it back to be tested and buying another one

When working on a Hamworthy I had 3 special order pcbs
They didn't work
My supplier said I'm blowing them up. I had to speak to the head of service, have hamworthys best man come to site with his laptop to just prove that the coding on the pcb they were sending me was wrong!!! Grrr

How much of a idiot did I look. And we had to write all the labor off. Had the pcb foc so all wasnt lost

My supplier told me a similar story of a guy changing 3 boards on a vaillant only to fry them all only to have to replace them and the fault was on the gas valve ended up a £600 bill just on parts ouch

My supplier told me a similar story of a guy changing 3 boards on a vaillant only to fry them all only to have to replace them and the fault was on the gas valve ended up a £600 bill just on parts ouch

if you check across the live and neutral for a short you wont fry a new pcb will you,
or am i living in a fools paradise

Yes good point , just relaying the story
obviously he wasnt that hot on wiring lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to returning spare parts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock