Currently reading:
Replacing Grundfos 15-60 selectric pump

Discuss Replacing Grundfos 15-60 selectric pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donkeeboy

Hi,

My worcester bosch boiler CDI 40 (not combi) keeps going on a E9 fault code every week or two - I reset the boiler and everything works fine until the next time. E9 means 'Safety temperature circuit has tripped'. Been like this for 2 or 3 months now.

I phoned worcester bosch, he said take the bleed nut out the pump (Grundfos 15-60 selectric - on speed setting 3), force a screw driver in the hole and see if I can stop it - if I can then I have a weak pump. Well I did that, and I could stop the pump with screw driver pretty easy. So it looks like I need a new pump.

Firstly - is it a forgone conclusion that the pump is dying? Is it worth me taking the pump out and cleaning it in a situation like this?

Secondly - Grundfos have a good name - but this pump is only 3 years old. Surely I should expect it to last longer than that. Whats the typical lifetime of a 15-60 pump? It was all installed with my new boiler by a corgi guy 3 years ago.

Thirdly - I'm looking at the replacement bare pump, I can pull this off myself, however all the product pages state the pumps are OK for systems up to 35KW. Well my boiler is 40.8 KW. Maybe this is why it only lasted 3 years, is this a problem? I cant see no bigger pumps, should I get another 15-60 or something else do you think? My system is big - 19 rads + normal style hotwater cylinder. Its a sealed system.

Thanks in advance everybody.

Nooo! I just got another E9 trip out :( :(

I'm just starting a new thread 'Drayton MA1 3 port Motorised valve question'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Grundfos 15-60 selectric pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back