Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Danfoss lockshield valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tom Gebbie

Replacing a rusty radiator (installed 2000) the brass head of the Danfoss lockshield sheared off as it reached fully closed. I assumed that it was a 10mm with a 1/2" BSP connection to radiator. Offering up the nut (18.6mm across the flats) on the old 10mm insulated microbore it was found to have a slightly different thread from the new lockshield. Is the only solution removing the olive and nut from microbore (beyond my capability I guess) or is there a modern lockshield that would fit the old nut?

Unfortunately, you have come across one of the biggest PITA situations plumbers come across.
Non matching threads on radiator valve connections.

Either find an exact replacement of the valve or replace the nut and olive with the new valve.

One can be done with out draining the system and the other requires draining the system

Reply to Replacing Danfoss lockshield valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock