Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Removing lockshield extension tail in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a standard radiator (1/2" female bsp) on which I'm installing a new lockshield/TRV kit. The lockshield is similar to this:
w-247960-2.jpg

What happens if I remove the nut and everything on its left in the pic, and screw the valve directly into the radiator (with PTFE)?
This would simplify my space arrangements a lot, but before actually trying I thought to ask if this makes sense at all.
TA!

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/chrome-angled-radiator-valve-15mm-x/33920

Will come with wheel head cap and lock shield cap.

Great, thanks! Just realised (sorry!) that in your link there is exactly this question in the Q&As section. And an answer to another question states
Our supplier has advised as follows: 'Yes, this is bi-directional flow. The consumer can use it as manual radiator valve with wheelhead, or use it as lockshield with cap.'
Which sounds encouraging, so thanks!

Last edited:

Reply to Removing lockshield extension tail in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock