Discuss Reillo RDB Issue with starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doogler1

Hi i have read many posts but none refer to the problem im having with my burner

about a week ago i ran out of oil but got tank filled and bled system it was working fine until 1 day ago when it stoped completely

i tried to restart it and it sounded as per normal but did not ignite at that point nor did it shut off after the non ignition it just keeps running the light in the control box does not come on either

this is what ive done so far from reading posts
bled system again
replaced the coil
replaced control box
cleaned out the blast nozzle and filter behind
cleaned the electrodes
checked the photo cell with flash light no visible breaks

dunno what to do im handy enough with a screw driver etc but im no expert so any help would be much apreciated

Thanks

D

My guess is the oil isn't getting through the pump. If I'm right, either the pump is at fault or the solenoid rod (assuming you've replaced the solenoid). If you stick a vacuum gauge on the vacuum port this might pull the oil through and get the thing going again.

Change the photocell.

If the problem was with oil supply it would lock out.

I thought the RDB motors continued running after lock out. Maybe it depends on which control box is fitted? I've started a few boilers and wondered why no ignition then realised I'd not turned the oil on but the motor had kept running.

My guess is the oil isn't getting through the pump. If I'm right, either the pump is at fault or the solenoid rod (assuming you've replaced the solenoid). If you stick a vacuum gauge on the vacuum port this might pull the oil through and get the thing going again.

Hi thanks for the reply i replaced the new coil onto the rod but not the rod what is the vacum pump and where would i put it ???

kind regards

D

You can test it by disconnecting it. Boiler will fire for a few seconds then go out.
It needs to sense dark then light.

There should be a P for pressure gauge and V for vacuum gauge. They're usually on the same side and usually the V has a blanking nut as opposed to a hex screw.

You can test it by disconnecting it. Boiler will fire for a few seconds then go out.

Spot of deja vu with this Tamz! You were right with the photocell the last time!!

by that do you mean just take it out of the socket or un wire it as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reillo RDB Issue with starting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock