Discuss Recent Gas Engineer in Glasgow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaw Anthony

Im new to the industry and starting my own business. I was hoping to find any Gas Engineer working in the Glasgow area who be willing to let me do some volunteer work with them, gaining some experience on just purely breakdown and fault finding as a hands on experience to build my portfolio.

yes, im a gas engineer just recently qualified, im currently doing boiler servicing and landlord gas safe cert.but need a bit of hands on with fault finding and repairs

Aawrite there in aww that. How's it going Antony Shaw. Welcome to the mad house.

Ello. Don't trust jocks. There is the pro Union fella on here . Tamz. Or a deepfried marsbar called idchappy

Don't be tempted to run before you can walk. Starting on you own really needs some experience rather than simply qualifications. Working self employed you could find yourself in difficulty very quickly. I would strongly recommend that you seek employment at least for a year or two to not only gain experience but make contacts and get 'known' around the local trade. Getting a decent job should be easy as Rgi 's are in short supply. I was self employed over 30 years so this is just my personal take on it. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recent Gas Engineer in Glasgow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock