Discuss Re-routing condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Honeybun

Like many others my condensate pipe from my boiler repeatedly froze last winter. I have been advised to re-route the pipe so that it remains inside the house. I have a sink adjacent to the boiler and intend to connect the condensate pipe to the waste pipe from the sink, a distance of about 2 meters. This will mean drilling a hole in the work top and feeding the pipe under and across to meet the sink waste outlet pipe.
Is this a good idea, and is there anything I should know or do before I start?

would it be easier to increase the condense pipe size to 1 1/4" through to outside so it's big enough to not freeze?
failing that not alot to know apart from to make sure there's a fall on the pipe :cheesy:

Increasing the size wont really help, I went out to loads of boilers last winter with 32mm pipe that had still froze.
Run it internal as you say, either cut in a tee with a reducing bung for condense or buy a mcalpine clamp for the pipe.

It should be 32mm outside anyway so you can't really increase the size outside. I'd definitely re-route it inside, will save you a lot of worry about it freezing during winter. Why didn't they run it internally in the first place though if it was so close to a sink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-routing condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock