Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn 460K Flue temperatures? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Greetings!

Having just rebuilt a Rayburn 460k with (ecoflam burners) due to the dreaded warped oven protection plate, I am trying to work out if the test point temperature readings for the Rayburn are, ‘what you’d expect’

Flue ways on cooker side & boiler side, including boiler baffles all now clean as a whistle. New fibre board fitted to oven burner chamber & new rope seals/gaskets all round. Fuel filters cleaned, fuel hoses replaced, nozzles replaced, pump pressure 10bar.

Both systems both work like a dream with co2 reading 11%, CO 6ppm & o2 around 5%.

My concern is that whilst the boiler test point shows a flue temp of around 200 deg C. The cooker side (test point on hot plate) reads around 500-550 deg C. Does anyone know if this is normal on an ecoflam Rayburn cooker side?

From memory Rayburn never gave a temperature reading just co2 11%/11,5% and a smoke reading not exceeding 2
The cooker side was known to run very hot often destroying blasttubes if settings were even slightly out!

Yeah I virtually rebuilt the Rayburn & don’t want it to rip itself to pieces again. With the settings that Rayburn provide it runs incredibly hot & it’s asking for it to melt itself.

I had some advice from another source to reduce the pump pressure to 110psi & replace the cooker 0.40 nozzle with a 0.35 nozzle & the flue temps will be a lot cooler but won’t really notice a difference in performance. I’m happy that it may run for longer & take slightly longer to get to temp if it doesn’t kill itself. They are bloody expensive…. I’ve ordered a nozzle & as long as the analyser readings are happy then I’ll keep an eye on it. Would be interesting to see if others have had similar issues/experiences

Reply to Rayburn 460K Flue temperatures? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock