Discuss rare fault ,one to watch for in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

strange fault in today on a dead worcs greenstar 28 i junior ,390 v coming in,killed the pcb and fan ,and a telly,washing machine,various lights only the second time i have ever come across this ,western power distribution have been called to rectify ,they have a fault on there end,wonder if they will compensate the custy?

We used to get surges in voltage around our way when it was supplied from the pit years ago (when there was still a pit there). No fancy electronics then. It just turned a 60w bulb into a 150w for a few seconds before it popped.

If they admit the fault is on their end i'd expect they will pay out.

Pro rata if anything.
If washing machine was 5 years old they will calculate its new cost against the useful expected life and pay on that basis i think.
Seen this happen before

Wow some overloaded plugs in my customers gaffs would have been alight !!!

strange fault in today on a dead worcs greenstar 28 i junior ,390 v coming in,killed the pcb and fan ,and a telly,washing machine,various lights only the second time i have ever come across this ,western power distribution have been called to rectify ,they have a fault on there end,wonder if they will compensate the custy?
Supplier should refund customer. Obviously local transformer on d blink. Something similar happened in Dublin with small development. Supplier replaced damaged appliances and paid for safety check in houses.
If customer handles this the right was could even get other appliances changed for fear of what may happen. That's a major booboo from suppliers point of view.
just tell them your gonna contact local paper. They won't fancy d publicity.

been there, 2 phases shooting through one and frying the contents of the house. leccie co bought all new appliances, but got me to replace the pcb of the gloworm, which surprisingly worked ok on completion and I got paid in 4 days :)

We had it happen to a whole steet 12 months ago when the pikeys ripped some cable out of one of the electric substations. Bill for that must of been huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rare fault ,one to watch for in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Well it seems everytime I go to this bleedin bum end of the county, it goes wrong. first 48 miles to get there, and the sat nav delivers me to a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock