Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator valve leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok bare with me total novice..

Water leaking heavily at times, does stop though? From the valve that alters the temperature in picture.
Have closed valve other side, and water continues to leak with heating off or on and with this thermostat to off or on. So basically isolated I think and off.
The water seems to be coming up the central hole of valve spindle in last pic...

Any direction as to how to hault without calling a plumber and draining hole system hugely welcomed.

Radiator is based in kitchen next to a combi boiler, pressure is currently zero, I assumed this may help.

And can I safely run the heating and hot water with the above current state until fixed, thanks to anyone in advance who assists....

Pete

PS On a separate note should I be concerned about rust points on rad externally on certain joints

Attachments

• KGjwHEilRpKt7rFntESAVA.jpg
    KGjwHEilRpKt7rFntESAVA.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 26
  • Vb14D_9NQ4y-T6qGprQ7Yw.jpg
    Vb14D_9NQ4y-T6qGprQ7Yw.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 26
  • J51v-ymzQFaKZP_hjfeXPQ.jpg
    J51v-ymzQFaKZP_hjfeXPQ.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 27
I think they're a 1/4 turn valve. I've never installed them myself. (I think I would refuse ) Any more pictures?
You can continue to use everything but might need to top up if you have a sealed system.

As you have a sealed system. Not good for the boiler to be running with no water.
Sorry I have never seen this sort of valve but as Gasmk1 says packing gland may need greasing.

In picture 3 you need to get the silver sleeve off of the brass centre.

If it's like a lot of the crappy towel rail valves you might be best off just swapping it out.

Dont run your boiler on zero pressure.

Rust spots on the cast rads are not an issue.

Reply to Radiator valve leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock