Currently reading:
quick question

Discuss quick question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi lads, im doing some plumbing work in a house that,s being extended , the new piece has underfloor heating thru (4 zones) and the old one has 6 rads. as im teeing into the 22 from the boiler to run flow and return to the maniflod do i have to fit a zone valve ??? if doing this then i would have to add a zone valve to the rads i suppose??? whats the best way of doing this in your oppinion? can i get away with no zone valves as there is no room stat in the old piece of the house!

You'll need to run seperate pipes back to boiler.

If you put a zone valve anywhere in the system it will not have the desired effect

Go back to basics and draw the system out

yes i have run seperate pipes from manifold back to boiler , ive only ever done new system before with zoning, never added to zones and re jig as such, but was thinking if i need a zone valve for the underfloor? just dont understand how the sparky is going to wire it in and stuff thats all , dont want him phoning me and askin why there no zone valves on the system, maby i sound stupid with this one but i just cant get my head round it sorry lads!!!!

you need one zone vale for the rads and another for the u/floor heat, other wise the rads would heat up every time the u/floor heating switch on . Just treat it like a S plan and get the lecky to wire it as one. Hope this helps

the stupid c..... forgot to put a cable in for a room stat in the rest of house tho! rf it is i guess then!!! i need to get into the attic to finish off some of the plumbing!!!!! it is like a oven there!!!

As stated, you will need a zone valve for the radiators and a zone valve for the underfloor heating.
The radiators will have a far quicker response time than the underfloor heat.
A thermostat will be required for each zone to control the temperature for each zone.
You will also require a mixing valve for the underfloor heating which will require an additional pump.
When zoning systems you may require and additional by-pass valve depending on what zone valve you install or whether you are using actuators on the underfloor heating manifold.

Hope this helps.

Oz-plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quick question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock