Discuss putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its really down tight on gripper i use a really thin flat head screwdriver. (Thinnest ive got) and go to an internal corner and put driver through carpet and pull up. Or if its being lifted from under a door threshold then lift the bar and lift from there. Just remember when folding back always try and roll it and never stand on it when rolled as can cause creases.

If its really down tight on gripper i use a really thin flat head screwdriver. (Thinnest ive got) and go to an internal corner and put driver through carpet and pull up. Or if its being lifted from under a door threshold then lift the bar and lift from there. Just remember when folding back always try and roll it and never stand on it when rolled as can cause creases.

Nice one. Cheers Kris ;) How's it going up sunny Scotland? Just 'liked' your page by the way..

Cheers jay much appreciated. Yeh really sunny up here today. Bare belly weather so im try get the milk bottle tan to dissapear. Im cuttin wetwall outside so get a wee tan at same time. Lucky the custards away shed run a mile. Hehe

Cheers jay much appreciated. Yeh really sunny up here today. Bare belly weather so im try get the milk bottle tan to dissapear. Im cuttin wetwall outside so get a wee tan at same time. Lucky the custards away shed run a mile. Hehe

Haha either that or crack on to ya! ;) Why are customers called custards? Just a nickname? Love it :)

I'll probably get ridiculed for this but I made my own carpet lifting tool out of a fork :)
It's a fork flattened out then the last cm or so of the prongs bent at a right angle, I just press the prongs down along the skirting, then lift the fork so the bent part of the prongs go under the carpet and lift. It has never failed me.
There are probably tools that you can pay £££'s for that do the same job but I've never needed them...

I'll probably get ridiculed for this but I made my own carpet lifting tool out of a fork :)
It's a fork flattened out then the last cm or so of the prongs bent at a right angle, I just press the prongs down along the skirting, then lift the fork so the bent part of the prongs go under the carpet and lift. It has never failed me.
There are probably tools that you can pay £££'s for that do the same job but I've never needed them...

I reckon I'll be making me one of these then :D Ingenious idea. You should patent it and sell it on ebay for a tenner! haha

No need, I just occasionally pop it on forums such as this and anyone who makes one sends me a fiver.
Make your cheque out to JC Plumbing ;)

Sweet ;) I hope Royal Mail don't lose it like all my other cheques :p

I just made my carpet puller. Tested it and it works a treat!! Genius idea :) thanks (there should be a pic attached if all is working ok in forum land)

dysa4upe.jpg

That's a much posher fork than the one I used, yours is like a Hilti fork and mine's black and decker ;)

Haha it jumped in my bag from a hotel I stayed in during my course.. It was my Pot Noodle fork t lunch times ;) it was meant to be

I hope that lifting tool comes with a garuantee jay... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to putting carpets back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back