Discuss Pump change on Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All,
i'll be going to change a pump on said boiler later this evening as it's leaking. Apart from buying the pump, would any other additional part need purchasing...someone mentioned something about hydroblock?

i've not changed a pump on this boiler before, any tips would be greatly appreciated...

I think the replacement pump head has been superseded with a complete new pump and body, straight forward swap

You only need the kit they provide, it's a pump and body and auto air vent. The pump is secured by two screws under the boiler. Take your time, pressurise the vessel before removing the pump, and your happy days.

Thanks guys... Is it an absolute "must" pressurising the vessel before removing the pump? I've not got a pump...... Yet....

No, but if the vessels deflated it trickles out all the time you've got an open end.

open both drain screws a u gauge hose fits them , put a towel along the dip in the front edge of the casing dont rush let it drain out job is a lot harder the first time if your worrying about water getting in the pcb you have to dissconnect the safety valve connection under the boiler silicon grease will hold washer in place, two screws underneathpull all the clips twist pipe to ev out of postion
about an hour first time ,30 mins tops when youve done a few

you dont need anything fancy for a vailant as the ev is in front of you a bike pump or foot pump provided the bike pump adaptor fit a car tyre and has a pressure gauge pump it up with the drain offs open to turn of the isos you need an allen key, drain offs are on the iso's

Part no 178983 and put the appliance into p6 it's drains a little better,if it's the original wilo pump then it's a complete swop as previously said, they changed to grunfoss in the middle of 2010 so depending on how old the boiler is you get lucky and just Change the head.......mind the prv when you put the clip back in as sometimes it appears to have gone in but it hasn't, if it's got the original hoses be gental the buggers have habit of dripping after purge the heat ex before you fire it and you will be sorted........ The first one scared me lol

Thanks for all your help lads... Managed to change it and all working fine.

Would you mind having a look at the print of the flue gases please. I've always been told the ratio should be be below 0.008. Does the ppm seem a bit high? What's the acceptable levels? uploadfromtaptalk1426705653134.jpg

Looks like I spoke too soon. The hot water is fine but central heating comes on intermittently, stays on for about 15 seconds then goes off. The radiator sign is flashing... There is also a round circle with a triangle in it pointing up. Could there be air in the system?

Just to add to that, when the burner comes on for the central heating, an egg timer is being displayed bottom right hand corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump change on Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock