Currently reading:
Pulsing Noise from Pipes

Discuss Pulsing Noise from Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phillmyglass

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I have been doing a bit of work in the bathroom and drained the system down a couple of times. After a few hours of it being turned back on, the pipes develop a pulse. It sounds as regular as a few seconds, stops straight away when I turn it back on. If I run some water off it stops for a few hours, then sure enough, comes back to haunt me! The pipes I boxed in and tiled were not clipped down before but are now. Could it be anything to do with that? When I hold the stop tap I can feel it clunk also. Is it an airlock and will it disappear? Any ideas? Thanks.

Funnily enough I have just been out to a custard with a similar problem. He had also turned off the mains supply and drained the system. After a few scratches of the head I went to the stop tap and turned it on fully ( it was stiff and I had to use grips ) and miraculously the noise stopped.

I hope this helps.

P.S. be gentle if you need to use grips.

Ok, thanks. I will check. I have found that the pressure valve on the central heating is not working, I am sure too much pressure was in there! I have let some out and hope it makes a difference. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pulsing Noise from Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back