Discuss Profile pcb fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted a replacement PCB on a profile to fix an ignition fault last week & all seemed okay with the new board (reconditioned at customer request to save pennies!!! )

the chap txt today to say the rads now heat up normally but allows the radiators to go fully cold almost before clicking back in to heat up ( approx 1 hour)

it sounds like a dodgy thermostat to me, but iv never used a recon board before, could it be that this has an existing fault on it and delaying the boiler from kicking in sooner?

Could be wrong but doesn't the profile hav white wires going from PCB to thermostat. Just go over and get your test leads out. See if the stat is 'open' or closed. If the stat is calling for the boiler to start maybe the PCB is faulty. If not your stats had it. Certainly requires another look.
Yeh hav to look again. No point thinking about it too much before ye have a look

Yes from memory there are 2 white wires from the pcb to the thermostat!

Customer just txt to say the boiler has died with the same fault as originally!!

First & last time I fit a re-con board!!! Grr!!!

may be cheaper for the customer, not for you!!! Had a similar with a replacement burner before xmas, went back 4 times to get it working due to oil leaks, failed pump etc etc, never again!!!!!!!!! New or nothing, time always makes you forget!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Profile pcb fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock