Currently reading:
PRO Combi Exclusive 24 question about flue

Discuss PRO Combi Exclusive 24 question about flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pdcleeds

Hello all I’ve been out to look at a recently installed PRO Combi Exclusive 24.Pictures attached. The flue elbowfrom the boiler connecting the straight has silicon sealant filling the joint(is this ok on this boiler model I’m told some Worcester’s its acceptable or doI need to ID it) pipe works a mess, got push fit on return directly aboveboiler, not connected to fused spur it’s on a plug. It took two of them 3 and ahalf hour to change a Y Plan system to this combi £2100 WOW

photo1.jpgphoto.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea and the bloke thats done it is defo gas safe iv checked company name and showed home owner his picture and they said its him and he didnt even fill in benchmark so suspect he aint flushed it ect

Speak to the people who installed it if it was only domes recently. Get the details off the customer and call them. My bet is they won't have it, I bet they chose the cheapest quote by the bloke that 'said' he was gas safe. When it was probably just a bloke from the pub. That's not the work of a pro. But in their defence there's nothing wrong with wiring directly into a plug. If anything I think ts safer. At least you know it's definitely isolated when your working on it and not picking up a stray voltage from somewhere else

No hes defenatly gas safe unfortunatly id love to post his Gas Safe number and Pic but wont as i dont want telling off lol. Shocking i know but they have had him back to complain he said theres nowt wrong with it. Iv told them to contact Gas Safety Reg on Monday

Speak to the people who installed it if it was only domes recently. Get the details off the customer and call them. My bet is they won't have it, I bet they chose the cheapest quote by the bloke that 'said' he was gas safe. When it was probably just a bloke from the pub. That's not the work of a pro. But in their defence there's nothing wrong with wiring directly into a plug. If anything I think ts safer. At least you know it's definitely isolated when your working on it and not picking up a stray voltage from somewhere else

As long as its plugged into a switch free socket. ;)
That flue definitely doesn't look right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

im the first to admit that sometimes fitting a combi to existing pipework can be a night mare but this is a poor attempt
its often the customer as much to blame as the dont want to change or cut the xisting pipe work back far enough as it means redec or new worktops im assuming the pipe work was through the work tops to the old boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRO Combi Exclusive 24 question about flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back