Discuss Primary Circuit Backflow in Solid Fuel / Oil Fired system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could put a normally open 2 port valve on the return operated by a stat on the flow so if no heat in solid fuel boiler valve shut and in a power cut valve returns to open. Please check regulations as to wether this is allowed

I don't know much about solid fuel (learning) but I think this one is allowed. I was scratching my head earlier as I have been shown how this was done to keep within regulations, safety, etc. The trick is the "normally open" 2 port valve - I think!

Ever fitted a flap non return valve in circuit and no adverse affect to flow.

Should have 2, one to heat leak that fails open and one to cylinder that fails closed to protect cylinder in case of power failure.

I don't know much about solid fuel (learning) but I think this one is allowed. I was scratching my head earlier as I have been shown how this was done to keep within regulations, safety, etc. The trick is the "normally open" 2 port valve - I think!
Thats correct DKIA in green

Ever fitted a flap non return valve as suggested in primary circuit.

Seen it done, & it works, providing it's fitted right, but can't see it being allowed.

Works perfectly and it is allowed
I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not, as some info says no valves on primaries, but I suppose this is to stop gate valves etc being fitted by idiots. I just don't like to tell anyone to mess about with the primary circuit if they are not experienced. I have no problem with a flap valve fitted on return, between cylinder, personally, & to be honest, have fitted them.

No valves allowed that can be shut off like you said gate valves ect

Thanks Gray, I will feel happier fitting them in future, - if I can buy flap valves easily anymore, as merchants seem not to have them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Primary Circuit Backflow in Solid Fuel / Oil Fired system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock