Discuss Primary Circuit Backflow in Solid Fuel / Oil Fired system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Solid Fuel

Hi
Question on how best to design/solve back flow in a Solid Fuel Primary circuit. This is happening when the fire is not lighting and the oil fired boiler is operating into the common dual coil copper cylinder causing the idle stove coil to heat and thus starting back-flow in its circuit drawing out the heat generated eventually cooling down the cylinders hot water.

Pls see attached for basic current layout.

System is operating in bungalow house.

Thanks for any feedback
View attachment Primary Circuit.zip

Tks
Aware of the systems but still wondering what is the other methods available !!

It's piped incorrectly and you show no heat leak. It's not the way to do it.

I negated the heat leak from drawing (fair point tks), have heat leak rad on wall higher than stove in hall other than that system is working fine i.e only issue is backflow when idle which I am looking for historical method if you like of the fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
That is the advice I am looking for on what is the correct piping !!

icon1.png
Primary Circuit Backflow in Solid Fuel / Oil Fired system

Hi
Question on how best to design/solve back flow in a Solid Fuel Primary circuit. This is happening when the fire is not lighting and the oil fired boiler is operating into the common dual coil copper cylinder causing the idle stove coil to heat and thus starting back-flow in its circuit drawing out the heat generated eventually cooling down the cylinders hot water.

Pls see attached for basic current layout.

System is operating in bungalow house.

Thanks for any feedback

Attachments

• Primary Circuit.JPG
    Primary Circuit.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 29
Your flow from stove is gravitating back from cylinder
You need to put on a flap non return ( not a spring valve) on flow from stove
Where is the pipe stat and I'm presuming you got non return valves after pumps

As far as I know, you are not supposed to fit a valve on the primary circuit of solid fuel. Bungalows all have this problem with direct linked back boilers & indirect heating boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Primary Circuit Backflow in Solid Fuel / Oil Fired system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock