Discuss pressurised water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do maintenance work for a small letting agency and today went to a house wich was complaining about water leaking,when i got there the leak had stopped but the tenant pointed to where the water was coming from and it was the Tundish on the hot water cylinder which was coming out to fast for the over flow to cope hence water all over the floor.my question is what could be the cause of this and am i allowed to work on such cylinders as i read somewhere you need to be qualified for these cylinders :confused5:

Hi Thor.

You do need to be qualified to work on these cylinders.

The fault is the result of a safety valve releasing excess pressure in the cylinder. Get a qualified plumber to check it out.

Yes you need to be qualified to work on unvented cylinders. The tundish should be able to cope with a full bore discharge from the cylinder so there may also be a problem with the discharge. You'll need to get someone with an unvented ticket in to look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes you need to be qualified to work on unvented cylinders. The tundish should be able to cope with a full bore discharge from the cylinder so there may also be a problem with the discharge. You'll need to get someone with an unvented ticket in to look at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Should but most can't
But if it's discharging at full force there a problem get someone in to check the obvious things

You should be qualified to work on these. But if this model has an internal bubble. Such as a mega flow

There will be instructions of how to recharge the air bubble. If not yo will need a suitably qualified plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressurised water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back