Discuss Pressure v volume - the old chesnut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

I cant remember the right answer - cause I am am an old ish F...

So we need to replace an old domestic water main for one of our regulars who has
moved hse. There r 3 adults all with 1 with their own sep facilities.

The 3 bed hse has already a new vaillant 730plus with the hot water storage bit but is a combi.

1 electric shower, bath (never used) but with combi hot water shower, usual kitchen + appliances
d/stairs bog and basin.

What i meant is will it be better to put in eg
50mm pipe to get more volume flowin ?

Thanks to replies so far - if ur pipe is in west lancs we will
buy lenghts of 25m aND fittings f cash

centralheatking

They are gettin 7-9 litres per min at best but it can dip. utility has tested ? the meter and quoted
the usual 11 litres stuff.

So the lead main is to be replaced but do we put in 25mm dia blue or wider ? pro and cons
on a postcard ...............I know they r tryin to get a quart out of a pint pot but

What does the collective wisdom consider ?

centralheatking

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put in 25mm simply because it isn't much dearer than 20mm and would offer less resistance to the flow.

GOIN 4 32MM PIPE AS NOBODY HAD ANY ADVICE

centralheatking

you dont want to oversize the main as this can cause problems also with legionnela i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure v volume - the old chesnut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock