Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss pressure fluctuation - with zone valves in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arrthur

Pressure filled boiler (Alpha CD50) – cold pressure = 1bar.

Have fitted zone valves with addition of an automatic bypass valve – boiler instructions state recommended (as opposed to necessary) since it already incorporates one. Set up the bypass per the pump flow characteristics (deltaP =~ 0.48bar - if not mistaken...) and on the face of it all works, i.e. as zone valve closes bypass operates.

I have noticed that there is a flutter in the boiler pressure + consequent noise (brief). If boiler pressure at 1.25bar (low heat) then flutter is small, but up at around 1.75 it flutters down to ~1.25 and back again. This all happens in the blink of an eye sort of thing. Is this entirely what to expect, i.e. the operation of the bypass causes a momentary pressure kick as the pressure change re-balances or should I be looking for a problem and if so what?

Thanks for any insight/thoughts.

Thats fine, they often fluctulate when they switch from hw-ch,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure fluctuation - with zone valves in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock