Discuss Potterton boiler mystery... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gang,

I'm here hoping for help and advice with a problem which has already outsmarted four plumbers...

We have installed a Potterton Gold Combi 28. It doesn't work. It'll fire up but dies pretty much as soon as the fan kicks in. Here's the strange part. We have another fully functioning Potterton Gold Combi 28, and we have removed every single removable part from the duff model and tested it in the one that works - gas valve, PCB, every sensor, even the whole burner has been taken out. They all work in the old model but not in the new one. Four different plumbers have looked at this bloody boiler, checked all the obvious and less obvious issues it might have and cannot find out why it won't work. For complicated reasons we cannot get Potterton out to look at it under guarantee (don't worry, it's legit, nothing dodgy), and we have run out of ideas.

At the moment it's looking like a brand new, £700+ plus boiler is going to have to be junked, and I just can't see how that can be possible. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Flue already checked and not blocked.

Well if you have swapped everything on the Boiler for parts that work on another Boiler, it sounds external. (I presume you swapped all parts concerned with ignition and flame recognition).
You said it is not Polarity, I presume it is well earthed ?

My advice is to bin it and start again.

I do know Engineers who work for manufacturers who have told me similar tales and they accepted that Gremlins were to blame and swapped the complete boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton boiler mystery... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock