Search the forum,

Discuss Possibly the thickest person ever. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
One of the employees had someone drive into the back of his van today. I got there to take a look. The partner of the woman that drove into him kept telling her to claim for whiplash... I don't think he really understands how it all works when you hit a vehicle in front lol..

VW Crafters seem to be built like tanks to be honest. I have a small dent in the back door and the Peaguot 306 looks pretty much a write off. I couldn't even recognise a bonnet any more and something was ****ing out of the bottom of it. Not blood luckily, everyone was unhurt.

Last edited:
Lent my sister my diesel car to do a 300 mile round trip once, she got to within half a mile of bring it back when someone T boned her at a junction and wrote it off. Still getting phone calls 3 yrs later re me claiming for injuries. No wonder insurance is so high.

A work mate got shunted at an island and the blokes denying it was his fault cos there was a gap in the traffic and my mate should have gone..haha

I have a golden rule never to look right at what is coming until I`m first to go after nearly hitting a car infront of me at a roundabout 20 odd years ago.

Years ago a mate pulled out infront of a bus that was indicating to turn left but went straight on and hit him, the law said that it was his fault and you shouldn`t presume.

best thing I ever saw was a morris traveller hitting the brakes as I nipped across a roundabout in front of him, loads of room I thought, so did the rest of the M27 following the traveller onto the roundabout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got t boned and pushed onto a pedestrian crossing at the junction with the blind begger in London a few years back golf was speeding jumped a red light and sent me and my transit up onto the crossing flattening the traffic light in the process my fan stopped about 4ft short of the people crossing the road.

had an insurance guy come out the next day to take a statement, and he was saying the other driver had blamed me and already put a claim in for his broken leg etc. INSIDE 24 HOURS!!!

God bless TFL and and all there cameras for capturing it.

I got t boned and pushed onto a pedestrian crossing at the junction with the blind begger in London a few years back golf was speeding jumped a red light and sent me and my transit up onto the crossing flattening the traffic light in the process my fan stopped about 4ft short of the people crossing the road.

had an insurance guy come out the next day to take a statement, and he was saying the other driver had blamed me and already put a claim in for his broken leg etc. INSIDE 24 HOURS!!!

God bless TFL and and all there cameras for capturing it.

our main worry down here is do you swerve to take out the seagull grazing on chips the fat grockles dropped, or speed up and get the seagull and the grockle :)

few years back i had a mg maestro,got t boned by a brand new mk 3 astra,it is estimated to have hit me at 60 mph,both cars written off,i was innocently turning right elderly driver of the astra was not concentrating or realised they had just entered a built up area with a 30 mph limit elderly couple started kicking off with me saying it was because i was a young driver i got a bit pi55ed off and said no its because you were driving to fast and fukcing blind,anyway law did her for speeding,lucky to walk away from that one a piller on the maestro went through the roof

I did hit a car in Epsom four years ago. Lady was indicating to turn left, so I gingerly pulled out. In as much as she had plenty of time to stop, she ploughed into me while trying to ''talk'' to her daughter who was in back of her car.
Even though I had a passenger who confirmed all this, Insurers favoured her.
As rpm, said, you cannot just make an assumption that they really are going to turn left as indicated. MADNESS

our main worry down here is do you swerve to take out the seagull grazing on chips the fat grockles dropped, or speed up and get the seagull and the grockle :)

Speed up make sure you get both and then go home with a smile on your face. Lol.

I can't stand seagulls evil buggers I've been attacked by them crapped on by them horrible creatures. But it's not there fault it's those idiots who don't live down here feeding them it's not like they look effing hungry.

One of the employees had someone drive into the back of his van today. I got there to take a look. The partner of the woman that drove into him kept telling her to claim for whiplash... I don't think he really understands how it all works when you hit a vehicle in front lol..

VW Crafters seem to be built like tanks to be honest. I have a small dent in the back door and the Peaguot 306 looks pretty much a write off. I couldn't even recognise a bonnet any more and something was ****ing out of the bottom of it. Not blood luckily, everyone was unhurt.

Also if they are going to be stupid enough to claim for whiplash make sure you claim for the dent on the van. Also get ready for a barrage of phone calls from no win no fee companies when the insurance company sells your details on.

I wrote my car off last year, about 3 months later the phone calls started I was getting about 2-3 a week from no win no fee when I asked about how they knew I was in a car accident and knew the exact time and date they said we have bought the details off the insurance company, These went on for about 3-4 months every single time I was saying who am I going to sue, Myself or the puddle of water that I hit either way I dont think I will get much money.

The van has a good few dents in the back doors so I will certainly be claiming for that to be sorted out from my insurer. They will chase them separately. Glad I have a good insurance policy!

Turns out she was driving her brother's car 3rd party on her own insurance policy. That's a bit of a driving wake up call for her as she will now be buying her brother a new car I guess!

The van has a good few dents in the back doors so I will certainly be claiming for that to be sorted out from my insurer. They will chase them separately. Glad I have a good insurance policy!

Turns out she was driving her brother's car 3rd party on her own insurance policy. That's a bit of a driving wake up call for her as she will now be buying her brother a new car I guess!

Ha Ha, so who is paying for her whiplash then??? she aint insured for the car or herself, ha ha!!

classic

I had a crash last year, car infront with 4 young asian men did an emergency stop, i went into the back of them at about 5mph after i had slowed from the 40mph speed limit. little damage to either motor tbh, nobody hurt so police would not attend. within a few days there was a claim from all 4 of them for serious injurys and lost work/income. When my insurance company investigated them they all had several claims in the last couple of years and after my version of events was told my insurance company refused to pay out a penny and said see you in court. They never claimed a penny or even returned any letters after this.

Glad my insurance company had some balls. I fixed my van for less than my excess.

I had a crash last year, car infront with 4 young asian men did an emergency stop, i went into the back of them at about 5mph after i had slowed from the 40mph speed limit. little damage to either motor tbh, nobody hurt so police would not attend. within a few days there was a claim from all 4 of them for serious injurys and lost work/income. When my insurance company investigated them they all had several claims in the last couple of years and after my version of events was told my insurance company refused to pay out a penny and said see you in court. They never claimed a penny or even returned any letters after this.

Glad my insurance company had some balls. I fixed my van for less than my excess.
The area most rife for that type of scam is bolton where im from.

There was a roundabout somewhere where a bloke had made so many claims that the people who worked on an office on the roundabout recognised him and grassed him up

There was a roundabout somewhere where a bloke had made so many claims that the people who worked on an office on the roundabout recognised him and grassed him up

Think that was Milton Keynes or Luton area but remember reading about it.

I saw that on a programme. They worked out he was doing 3-4 a day all on the same roundabout. What an idiot at least do it on different roundabouts.

The roundabout was in Cheadle on the A34 close to Manchester. cash for crash scam.

I got hit by car earlier, Really soft but he definetly reversed into me and I thought "where theres a blame theres a claim" but how do you even claim for something like that?? I got his number plate but do I claim on my insurance? do I report to police??? I could never do it as barely even touched me!! But some people would of claimed for thousands!!!

last year i went through a pudle of oil on a bend in my Combo van, spun the van tapped the back of he car next to me only paint damage to the car, wrote the van off by hitting th curb, im still Getting calls for no win no fee

I have been hit twice from behind when parked in traffic and someone hasn't stopped in time. Both were slow collisions and they hit the bumper of my transporter which just sprung back out and they reversed back. No lasting damage to me or the van so I didn't make a claim, but soo many people would do. Some of my mates even said I should be claiming for whiplash etc, but I think its a load of nonsense and all this dishonesty needs to stop. Everyone seems to think they are owed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possibly the thickest person ever. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock